• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Rolland GX24 camm1 issur

anozira02

Purchased a used Rolland Cutter GX Camm1 having issue of not cutting after sending data to Production Manager, gives the White Port Error.. what am I suppose to look for??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What interface are you using to connect the plotter to the computer? Basically it just can't connect to the plotter. Most likely just a setting that needs to be changed.

anozira02

This old cutter comes with serial port to USB to windows7 Also my other cutter Vinyl Express came with on cloud Flexie I was still able to install the drive but
it cant seams to find the port..

Attachments

• GX24.jpg
    GX24.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 165

WildWestDesigns

By GX 24 came with a USB cable and I've been able to cut directly from Ai, DRAW and Inkscape. That serial to USB must have been something that previous owners did.

MIkeyB036

May have to download new drivers.

That was our issue with this same cutter. We hadn't used it in a very long time(10 years, maybe?). Software outdated, so we bought a new program, and then the serial cable didn't work on new computers, so we had to download new drivers and used the USB cable, and NO ISSUES at all with cutting.

Hope this helps!

anozira02

will try cutting from Ai and see what happens if not,,,, than download the new driver.. come to think the seller said he used inkscape.. short while ago I change the port to COM3 the Production Manager showed that it was cutting but cutter did not get the message..

WildWestDesigns

Does it have a trial version?

Roland CutStudio actually comes with the GX-24. I would speculate that since you bought used, the previous owner probably didn't keep it or pass it on to you.

It's actually going to be far better to "print" (aka cut directly) from one of the aforementioned graphics programs then to use CutStudio. It is a very, very basic program.

anozira02

I downloaded CutStudio,,, the problem is that my Epson 1800 comes up instead the Rolland GX-24 can't cut from the 1800 it is only a printer...
have I made a boo-boo??

WildWestDesigns

I downloaded CutStudio,,, the problem is that my Epson 1800 comes up instead the Rolland GX-24 can't cut from the 1800 it is only a printer...
have I made a boo-boo??

Never had that problem, but on my setup, my wide format printer is connected to a different computer and my general purpose printer is connected through the LAN. I don't have the cutter and the printer connected directly to the same computer.

Are you still using the serial to USB cable?

That's the one thing that I really do question since on my 2010 GX-24 it has both inputs. I'm not understanding the need for an adapter. If the computer is lacking one input (probably the serial unless you have a true workstation computer), just use the other. I have to wonder if the actual adapter may be causing the issue of the computer not seeing the port being used. I know this has happened a few times with my embroidery machines using certain type of adapters (and with actually monitors and using certain video cards that required "active" adapters).

It may not be the case, just what I'm thinking based on my experience with this type of issue.

Last edited:

anozira02

I kind of suspecting the serial to usb port, it also has a standard USB port as well, a regular USB printer cable wont work on this cutter, so I am thinking of ordering one...The cutter as I read does not come with serial port
cable, comes with a USB cable..

anozira02

Can anyone tell me where the fuse location is on the gx-24 is,, I assume someplace on the motherboard. Also if someone could help me out obtaining the service manual for this unit..Thanks,,,