• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolle Pro thoughts?

thewvsignguy

I have another 26' box truck with tons of rivets. Using a combination of cut and printed vinyl, how does the rolle pro work on just die cut vinyl? The video on the site only shows printed vinyl with and air release.

Just curious with those who have it and use it if there is a better/faster solution to sealing rivets.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
For, me, I wasn't real impressed with the rolle pro for the little screws on some box trucks and most enclosed trailers, and it really doesn't work well for cut vinyl. However it is a handy little tool that I find myself using quite a bit for the rivets with printed materials. The instructions show to leave an air channel, but I found it best to not leave an air channel, put one pin hole in the bottom, then heat and roll down.

WB

I've used it before on a few 54' trailers. and some smaller trailers and vans.. I'd use it again on the larger trailers because it does save time when used correctly.

That being said it is easy to screw up your air channel and then your left doing the rivets by hand anyway. Also if your not careful it will change the appearance, finish on the channels when used if you leave to much vinyl and over heat.

Sometimes that's no big deal on a fleet of 54' trailers but more of a concern on a smaller 16' trailer.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I would bet a really good installer could figure out how to use a RollePro on regular non air release cut vinyl. I'm not convinced that it would be worth the time, effort, and redo's required to get to that point though.

The RollePro is worth its weight in gold when using air egress vinyl over rivets. I got the combo kit with the Textured surface roller and use it for small textured surface jobs as well.

Yes, It will change the surface texture and sheen if you get it two hot. I find that most of it will go away in about a week but not all will.

thewvsignguy

I just got one to play with and I'll see how it goes.

The rivet brush takes just as long and the squeegee around the rivet technique I've been using...

Thanks for the input!