• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roller Swap out Between GSX15 and HS15 plus

Dennis Schaub

I have an old HS15 plus that needs a new roller. I have a GSX that is nearly brand new, wondering if I can swap them out? Or other ideas for a new roller?

Thank You!
Dennis

jfiscus

Rap Master
I don't know if you can swap them out between the two machines but I BELIEVE you can, it's been a few years...
I do know The Plotter Doctor sells refurbished rollers for around $1000 with core trade-in. (IIRC)

FunkotronXL

I have an old HS15 plus that needs a new roller. I have a GSX that is nearly brand new, wondering if I can swap them out? Or other ideas for a new roller?

Thank You!
Dennis
You can source replacement rollers either through Gerber for the smooth OEM, or, theplotterdoctor down in paramount, California sells after market lightly textured versions. Both have a core charge, need to exchange for the fouled roller. Jfiscus, their site is showing $339 + core deposit of $150.

Should be able to swap between the two units if trying to balance money vs elbow grease.

Jburns

just curious - why would you cannibalize your newer machine- for parts to use in the older machine?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Bringing back up an old thread. I have a GSX that's dead with a good roller, and an HS15+ with a bad roller. Removed both rollers and everything is identical, except the center chrome shaft's position. It is further out on different ends between the two machines. I tried gently tapping on it to get it to slide, but no luck. Is it moveable, or are they glued on or something?