• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rolling door truck vinyl/laminate ?

dj Japaï

What is the best combination of vinyl and lamination to Install on a back Rolling Door on a cube truck ? The truck is used and the door panels are wooden and a little uneven.
What did you use?

petepaz

i would use a high tack vinyl with gloss laminate. DPF would work but keep in mind high tack vinyl tend to shrink more than regular calendared vinyl for some reason.
i normally stock the avery 2126 HT EZ that seems to work pretty good for me

JBurton

Signtologist
I just did one with Arlon SLX, but the doors were in such sad shape that we cut panels, stuck vinyl to them, then mounted those to the door.

gnubler

What did you use for the panels? I looked at a truck like this last year and turned it down due to the rough condition of the rolling door. I thought about attaching panels but wasn't sure if it would work.

dj Japaï

What did you use for the panels? I looked at a truck like this last year and turned it down due to the rough condition of the rolling door. I thought about attaching panels but wasn't sure if it would work.
side with flat panel no rivet , we use Arlon 4550GTX + 3450 laminate and it work perfect, it tack MORE then the slx+ thant need to be heat to tack .

JBurton

Signtologist

I used .040" aluminum, and 12" by several feet of 3m 467mp, so nearly the whole panel is double stuck down. We did have a problem with the edges hanging, so screws were added. Had to remove all the locking hardware to avoid trying to cut the panel to shape, really looked clean afterward.

truckgraphics

We just put some lettering on an older painted wood truck rear door - some of which is curling.

Plan is to smooth it down and spray clear lacquer over the lettering - which has worked in the past.