• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions rolls roller or Roll Over?

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at a new laminator and I have narrowed my search to the Rolls Roller or Roll Over.
We do a lot of mounting and some vehicle wraps and general everyday signs.
Rolls Roller claims to be the best, hence a higher purchase price. Roll Over claim to be the best with a 5 yr warranty. Rolls Roller will only offer a 2 yr warranty.
I have purchased laminators in the past and presently run an E-Z Taper.

Any suggestions? and help and advice to avoid costly mistakes is greatly appreciated!!
rolls roller 340/170R (11'2" x 5'7") is $24,571.65 Canadian.

jmcnicoll

We have a rolls roller here at work but if I had my own small shop I would just buy a real nice laminator. I can use a laminator for mounting all day long and it's way better for laminating. When I say good lamintor I don't mean a $8000 - $12,000 machine, I've used them and they suck compared to a real nice laminator.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I am looking at a new laminator and I have narrowed my search to the Rolls Roller or Roll Over.
We do a lot of mounting and some vehicle wraps and general everyday signs.
Rolls Roller claims to be the best, hence a higher purchase price. Roll Over claim to be the best with a 5 yr warranty. Rolls Roller will only offer a 2 yr warranty.
I have purchased laminators in the past and presently run an E-Z Taper.

Any suggestions? and help and advice to avoid costly mistakes is greatly appreciated!!
rolls roller 340/170R (11'2" x 5'7") is $24,571.65 Canadian.

You should check these out also: https://www.gfpartnersllc.com/ft60

CanuckSigns

We have a rolls roller and it's pretty good, it does have some flaws that might apply to all flatbed laminators

- when masking cut graphics, the mask has a tendency to wrinkle, especially if the sheet is over 50% weeded away
- It's great at short run laminating, but a regular laminator does a much much better job.
- The "cutting mat" sucks, you can not cut on it if you ever want to laminate with it, even lightly cutting on it will leave marks that show up when laminating, a new mat is almost $1000!

- The "cutting mat" sucks, you can not cut on it if you ever want to laminate with it, even lightly cutting on it will leave marks that show up when laminating, a new mat is almost $1000!

I don't get that. I cut on the mat all day every day and don't have any problems laminating prints. We get light silvering that goes away within minutes and I never see any cut marks that show up on the laminate. We're using Orajet media and Oraguard laminates on a RollsRoller 280/145 Entry.

We've had our RollsRoller for almost two years now. We bought it for both it's laminating and application capabilities and I've been very happy with it. The only issue I have is I don't care much for the crossbar that sits over the top of the roller.