• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ronan bulletin medium brown oil base

geb

We have been using a lot of this paint in the past, has anyone had trouble with mdo signage using this product. Primed, edge sealed with paint-able caulk, two coats of top coat. Wouldn't you expect 5 - 7 years before any signs of wear, of blotching, and I don't have any pictures yet, long way away. I hear reports of white blotches after two or less years.

Any opinions?

George

Craig Sjoquist

Yes you will get white blotches on backgrounds or lettering.

Bulletin in the 1st place was designed as a background paint and lettering for billboards 2 years is good, most likely the billboard would have been changed by then.

If you still want to use this great paint .. you must use Ronan's UV Aquathane clear comes in flat,semi, gloss awesome clear very thin so qt. goes a long way it is strong you can wipe spills off without harm.
When the pay is fair I clear all my oils and latex
When they took the lead out, there is no oil paint that will last like once did.
Latex does seem to last a fair amount of time, but still needs clear is best.

geb

Ya, I do like the UV Aquathane, just seems like there should be a decent paint where you can give it 2 coats and it'll last 5 plus years without clear.

Craig, I know you have used this clear from past posts, and I know your environment is brutal to paint, using the enamel and uv aqua. clear, what do you look at year wise for longevity outdoors using mdo signage?

George