• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rookie question about print speeds on Roland SP-540V

threeputt

When I select a specific media type, all print speeds (quality) are greyed out except for Standard. This isn't the case for non-specific media types.

For example: When I select the profile for Orajet 3651 they're greyed out. Alternatively,
if I select a generic profile such as Generic Vinyl 1 I get the speed options.

Is there a way to run the specific profile but on high speed?

javila

Profiles are created based on passes and resolutions. The reason the other resolutions are greyed out is because that particular profile was only built for the availalble resolutions.

Former member

That's orajet's doing.. Theyve set there profiles for a specific speed. Use the profile for premium cast. It's works pretty good for that media.

threeputt

Blade, thanks. I'll try it. I'd like to get a bit more speed out of the ol' girl, without sacrificing too much quality.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
threeputt....

We were told to stay away from the first 10 or so profiles that came along with the original setup deal. Especially the 'Generic' profiles. They are set to Japanese media and specs.... and will give poor results.

Goodgirl

Do you have Flexi? If you have Flexi your print speed with double just by ripping and printing out of it. VersaWorks profiles are set to make everything look the best it possibly can. But sometimes when you print our of Flexi you still get the same great quality (especially on vector images) and it prints super fast.

Good Luck!