• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rotating in Flexi

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
In Flexi is there a way to rotate by anything more accurate than 0.1 degrees? If I rotate an object and try to rotate by 0.01 degrees it reverts it to 0.1 and the OCD in me doesnt want to accept that. Ive scanned in an object that was too large for our scanner so it required 2 scans and I need to trace each image and rotate one of them to the other's orientation. I've used cheaper/free programs in the past that could do this so I feel Flexi should be able to.

Thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Apparently not by typing a number in the box..... it does that level of accuracy when you drag the corners of the object though.

netsol

just to be clear, you are taking a circle and dividing it into 3600 equal segments, but, you need it to be more precise than that,
you need to slice the circle into 36,000 segments...

and you have a free program that does this? you are very lucky

netsol

certainly 1 degree increments would not be enough, but, .1 degree increments should be fine for almost anything

• Agree
Reactions: bob

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
The accuracy would be enough for just about anything else but the template is large/long so the error is magnified across that length. It’s a template of an irregular shaped object that we’ll need to cut stuff for over and over so I was just hoping someone knew of a setting that would solve my problem.

I’m sure I’d be the only one to notice it if I left it as is.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
just to be clear, you are taking a circle and dividing it into 3600 equal segments, but, you need it to be more precise than that,

and you have a free program that does this? you are very luc

and you have a free program that does this? you are very lucky
The 1/16” gap looks massive when you zoom in really close. Lol

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Yeah, and to further explain, my original background in n design was designing homes in autocad. When you draw an object and it doesn’t close by 1/16” you tend to try and figure out where the problem is. So I was trained originally to accept nothing but precision accuracy and it’s just carried with me all these years.

Thanks for the input everyone.