• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rough Surface Painted Fiberglass Box Truck Wrap Help???

idsignsil

So we used up the last of our 3M IJ180CV3 on some large photo prints on the side of this box truck. It was a Rough Surface Painted Fiberglass Box Truck. Thought the 180CV3 would be fine. We post heated to be safe. Now about a month later the leading edge of the graphics are coming up and rolling back. We are going to print new graphics and fix it.

My questions is...Is there a different wrap vinyl for vehicles with textured surfaces? If there is, what have you used and been successful with? The truck is not a smooth fiberglass. It has little bumps and ridges all over the sides, but no rivets. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Wraptrick

It's not out yet, but the IJ480 would probably work for you. They claim no lifting, even without primer.

Did you apply it with a roller? Without knowing more about your vehicle (pictures would be helpful), sounds like IJ180 should have been plenty. I apply it to block all the time, and it works just fine.

HulkSmash

It's not out yet, but the IJ480 would probably work for you. They claim no lifting, even without primer.

Did you apply it with a roller? Without knowing more about your vehicle (pictures would be helpful), sounds like IJ180 should have been plenty. I apply it to block all the time, and it works just fine.

ij480 is out.

any pictures of the vehicle?

I did four trucks with textured fiberglass on the sides like your talking about and we had the same problem with 1j40c a new guy i had working in the shop suggested we use Automark ive used it before and wasnt a big fan but for flat surfaces like box trucks its great it applies easy and wont i mean wont come up its adhesive is aggressive as hell! and it is cheap, I would def look into automark and be sure to primer 94 around your edges I am confident you wont have any curling or lifting.

WhiteWrapper

180 is fine for fiberglass trucks. If its not premasked, the problme may be you are using too hard of a crad and its not getting into all the recessed surfaces. Try a gold card with a felt buffer.