• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Round Banner?

Gary Welch

Premium Subscriber
I have a customer that has a round Logo. It is a Masonic lodge.
They want to make a double sided round banner that would somehow attach to a pole so they could carry it in during a ceremony.
Any ideas?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Print a round logo on a square/rectangular banner.
Print/cut it on a rigid circular material with a couple holes to hang it from a pole. (holes at 10 & 2)

You aren't going to be able to hang a circular banner from a pole without it looking like crap.

JBurton

Signtologist
Or, for a dumb idea I've never seen attempted, have one of those SEG/fabric companies print a 'bag' with a zippered edge, slip it over a hula hoop, then they can march all about and bounce wiffle balls off it into the crowd.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
1690989747565.png

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I don't mess with pvc much, would this be stout enough to not fold up with a gust of wind? Could you divide the ring into quarters with overlapping seams to cut the material usage down from a whole sheet to 1/4 sheet?
6mm ACM?

gnubler

Why go to all that trouble? PVC rings would be too floppy.
Why not just print on Coro and cut out circle shapes, stick a dowel or pipe between the two sheets to use as a handle.

Gary Welch

Premium Subscriber
Why go to all that trouble? PVC rings would be too floppy.
Why not just print on Coro and cut out circle shapes, stick a dowel or pipe between the two sheets to use as a handle.
He wants a 4 foot banner he can roll up. I finally convinced him just to do a square banner like everybody else has.

Costa Mesa Sign

I have a customer that has a round Logo. It is a Masonic lodge.
They want to make a double sided round banner that would somehow attach to a pole so they could carry it in during a ceremony.
Any ideas?
Insist that it be mounted on rigid substrate. Then sell them a better solution.

Too often I've attempted to follow customers wants instead of approaching the project with my expertise.

Suggest a preferable solution and they will follow your lead.