• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Router software

AARON_INK.

ArtCam has what they call artspool that comes with ArtCam. It drips the info into the controller. You have to save the toolpath out of ArtCam as the Gerber format then open artspool and send to the controller.

Check it out ArtCam is great but expensive.
AT

J.Nguyen

ArtCam has what they call artspool that comes with ArtCam. It drips the info into the controller. You have to save the toolpath out of ArtCam as the Gerber format then open artspool and send to the controller.

Check it out ArtCam is great but expensive.
AT

ArtCAM is expensive, but it has friendly GUI, easy to use and powerful.

BTW, you can try on EnRoute, Cimagraphi.

Jackpine

Actually it is PofileLab. There is a 2D and a 3D version, both offer one hell of a bang for the buck.
I agree 100%. Profile Lab is a very good one. I used EngraveLab 2D, 3D and ProfileLab with a Digital Tool CNC. The problem I had with SignLab is they are or were a bit indifferent to the end users in not informing them changes in their software. They used to sell their program in modules. You could add modules as you needed them. I found out about ProfileLab from Steve at Rayco when I was in Chicago picking up a piece of equipment. When I asked SignLab about it, I was told it was for the cabinet industry not signmaking. I cut more jobs that are NOT sign related than signs. None the less a very good software.

The problem I had with SignLab is they are or were a bit indifferent to the end users

We too had the same issue with Cadlink. All that has changed, and drastically. I have been told that at that time Cadlink did not have true customer CS reps - which they do now.

I can and will personally assure you (or anybody) that Cadlink IS very responsive and caring of their end-user nowadays. That is a tremendous plus and improvement over the past - especially when I do not like SAI's Flexi (do not know about their CNC).

I truly feel that Cadlink makes far superior products, especially when one compares their Digital Factory to SAI's Photoprint. I would believe that the same holds true for the CNC software. For anybody that is really serious about comparing, or even finding out more, PM Rod (a member here) - and he will contact the appropriate people (if it out of his realm of expertise).

BTW, for those that use Flexi and are looking for an alternative, Cadlink very often offer professional competitive upgrades (you keep your old software and dongle) at 50% off.

Jackpine

Pro Signs & Graphix, you are correct. I am using Flexi 7.6 but only as a cutter driver. I design in CorelX3 and print from CiberPrint ( a very good and effecient print RIP.....and lower cost). SignLab has the best cutter controls and features than any other I have used. I was not impressed when SignLab changed their interface and to me, "glitzed it up". Version 4.95 and 5 were the best in my mind. Version 6 was the last I used but I had 7.1. I am looking at buying another version. I want to be clear, SignLab makes a great program. I have no experience with their print program, but the vinyl and CNC are top notch. When problems was brought to Rob's attention, they were taken care of in a fast and professional way.

Let me just say that Digital Factory is the cat's meow. If you want good and accurate color, with zero banding, it (their latest version) is definitely worth looking into.

Your are right about v5. e6 seemed to buggy, but 7.1 took care of a lot of that, even though I still miss v5.

I spoke with Cadlink's CNC people (thanks to Rod) and I have no reason to believe that it is necessary to spend tens of thousands for the same thing that ProfileLab can do. ProfileLab will be our next major software investment, once we become more proficient with CNC.

BTW, Cadlink still does sell "modules" for existing users, they call them "license files" and reduce the price.

Apples to apples, Cadlink is the way to go.

VISUALCONCEPTS

I Have A Gerber Demension 200 And Run Their Softwear
But I Like Enroute Better, Also I Have Run Artcam And
It's A Great Program,have All Three And Like Enroute
The Best

Service Sign Co

No response to AutoCad? I don't know why, I'ts done plenty for the sign industry .080 letter backs plexglas faces, neon patterns. Elevation dwgs. The first Federal Express to FedEX channel letters were generated with this program. More million's of $$$$$ than all cad programs put together.

Rod

Typing precise values versus dragging with mouse

Moody Day said:
I just have to ask why no one uses AutoCad
I think it's a matter of design preference. In AutoCAD, it is common to approach design from an engineering perspective, where you type precise values for the size and placement of shapes. Compare this with graphics-oriented software, where you are expected to draw shapes and then perhaps type values for size and placement. For one that is accustomed to typing precise values, they can see drawing shapes before adjusting values as an extra step.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

mgieske

A good low cost substitute for Autocad is Turbocad. Much cheaper & I use it all the time for my router.

If you run into architectural drawings, its great to have real CAD for communication & dealing with files & layers.