• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign RBW-1500 Banner Welder reviews?

LarryB

Thanks for the photos.
I'd have to agree about poor welds. The bottom of the black banner doesn't even look welded. Are you really happy with it?

You can adjust the location of the weld and make it closer to the edge of the banner. When I first had it I was very particular about the weld but over time I focus on what speeds up production and is still acceptable by customers. Customers don't care if the weld is exactly perfect. They just want their banner and usually quick and cheap.

It's a smaller width weld but holds up just as well as the other machines. We usually place a grommet on top of the welded pieces so it looks good and customers love them. I have not had any issues with grommets ripping out due to high winds.

It is 1/4 the cost of a Miller T3 Extreme welder so it's not going to be the same quality but for what we use it for it works great. Last Friday we welded 20 - 4' x 6' banners in around 2 hours. Using banner tape would have taken twice as long and used a lot of banner tape. I can have 1 guy run the machine and another guy grommet. I also like that I have it next to the production table so it doesn't take up much space. I see the Miller T3 Extreme needs to have its own area with tables around it.

I'm happy with it and would not hesitate buying it again. If you have any more questions you can pm me.

Brandon708

You can adjust the location of the weld and make it closer to the edge of the banner. When I first had it I was very particular about the weld but over time I focus on what speeds up production and is still acceptable by customers. Customers don't care if the weld is exactly perfect. They just want their banner and usually quick and cheap.

It's a smaller width weld but holds up just as well as the other machines. We usually place a grommet on top of the welded pieces so it looks good and customers love them. I have not had any issues with grommets ripping out due to high winds.

It is 1/4 the cost of a Miller T3 Extreme welder so it's not going to be the same quality but for what we use it for it works great. Last Friday we welded 20 - 4' x 6' banners in around 2 hours. Using banner tape would have taken twice as long and used a lot of banner tape. I can have 1 guy run the machine and another guy grommet. I also like that I have it next to the production table so it doesn't take up much space. I see the Miller T3 Extreme needs to have its own area with tables around it.

I'm happy with it and would not hesitate buying it again. If you have any more questions you can pm me.

Good to hear. I hope these weld samples I get from RS look good. I like the idea of not having to buy any extra supplies like needles or thread with a welder.

I was looking at the Miller T3 and thought it looked to be a great machine. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a price on it. So those are around 15k?

LarryB

Good to hear. I hope these weld samples I get from RS look good. I like the idea of not having to buy any extra supplies like needles or thread with a welder.

I was looking at the Miller T3 and thought it looked to be a great machine. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a price on it. So those are around 15k?
\
Yes it is a little under $15K but that was 3 years ago. Not sure what it is right now.

bug

Hi i also have one and im glad that i bought it, was normal price around 3k usd, if it would have 20-25mm or 1 inch wide weld would be perfect, cant make 2 panels together but for this i bought that cheap chinese welder so couple times recently i made around 2x3m big banners, all togheter this year around 50-100 banners, before i was using tape and i thought ill go crazy, thats why i invested in this. Im using 510g banner frontlit and 510g banner blockout, i tried also 610g blockout and it was also ok, through google you can convert g to oz. I had double sided banner 5x1,3m, it was yellow background, i print it on blockout banner and i couldnt get strong weld, but i think its, cause banner was soft after print, it didnt slide nicely on table, cause i have rubber on it not to scratch print. I uploaded couple photos, i tried to weld on the edge, more banners you make, more accurate can be done, hope any of this helps.

Attachments

• banner (2).jpg
    banner (2).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 319
  • banner 2.jpg
    banner 2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 306
  • banner test 2.jpg
    banner test 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 299
  • banner test.jpg
    banner test.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 300

Brandon708

I ended up buying one from Grimco. My first job on it was (12) 5'x10' 15oz banners. It was a struggle at first but I have it pretty well down now. I will post some photos and more detail later. I even made a couple banners for a parade that had a pole pocket that came out really nice. Right now I am pretty happy with it and like using it. I wish like others the weld roller was a full inch. I don't know why they didn't make it just a wider.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I ended up buying one from Grimco. My first job on it was (12) 5'x10' 15oz banners. It was a struggle at first but I have it pretty well down now. I will post some photos and more detail later. I even made a couple banners for a parade that had a pole pocket that came out really nice. Right now I am pretty happy with it and like using it. I wish like others the weld roller was a full inch. I don't know why they didn't make it just a wider.

Are your hems hard to pull apart? All the samples we have received we can easily separate the hems which concerns us. We currently use a hem tape from ProTapes that is darn near super glue once fully cured, but we want a one step process like this machine offers.

macmedia

Royal Sovereign vs. Leister

We have a Leister Uniplan E welder which works great but the problem is that you need a table or floor space the length of the banner. Been using this for years but having 40 or 50 ft of clear space is a real drag. However, this machine gives us super strong welds and we can get over an inch (though it really doesn't matter for our usage)

Does anyone have experience with BOTH the Leister and RS machines? If we switch over to the RS (thereby freeing up loads of space) will we regret it??