• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RTape Metallic Printable vinyl alternative

Goatshaver

I'm really looking for a little more affordable material I can use with Eco Solvent. I haven't found anything yet. The website stickerapp.com prints on holographic/metallic, to the edge, which isn't possible with the Rtape using solvent based.

I might just have to tell people to go elsewhere for this if I can't find a cheaper alternative.

Leif

coming back to this. I'm running an HP570 and trying to run the Rtape metallics through it. I'm getting really mixed results and lots of jamming.
Does anyone have a good profile they are using to run this stock?

flyplainsdrifta

weird...i actually had really good luck with the rtape metallic on my 560. if i remember correctly i had just run it on our standard cal vinyl profile...i cant be sure it was before thanks giving. we dont stock it normally so its not something i run often. literally ran it as a favor with an old roll we found in house. had about 27 feet on it. needed 24 of it. made it perfect with no issue. thanked the printing gods that day.

Goatshaver

weird...i actually had really good luck with the rtape metallic on my 560. if i remember correctly i had just run it on our standard cal vinyl profile...i cant be sure it was before thanks giving. we dont stock it normally so its not something i run often. literally ran it as a favor with an old roll we found in house. had about 27 feet on it. needed 24 of it. made it perfect with no issue. thanked the printing gods that day.

People asked for it a lot and I really didn't want to use it. I've found a happy medium of max ink limit and fading backgrounds a bit. Along with a calendared laminate they come out pretty decent. Haven't had any complaints or found alternatives. Guess RTape it is.

Goatshaver

I'm not a big fan of this material, still people want it and I struggle.
I don't know where to put this other than here.

Can anyone help me with printing these or point me to a place where I can source print on this material from?