• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running Omega 5.0 with Versacamm?

I'm considering selling my Gerber Edge FX and Gerber GSX plus and getting a Versacamm VS-300i (30") instead. 99 percent of my decals are done on clear vinyl and are smaller than 9 inches long. I'm having a tough time getting good quality prints at such small dimensions, plus, the Edge just cant line up white underneath my colors for anything, and I always use white under my prints. (Any other printers that are capable of printing white that aren't 42" or bigger?)

In any case, I have only ever used Omega, got into the business about 2.5 yrs ago and self taught how to use it. I'm scared to get into something new, since I finally feel like I have a handle on vector art.

My dilemma is whether to change to something like Corel when I get a new printer and just learn it all new at one time, or stick with Omega and rip everything into VersaWorks? I'm terrified that I am going to have to spend endless hours converting Omega files to .eps if I change software? Any input would be appreciated!

timgo

Graphics Designer
I'm considering selling my Gerber Edge FX and Gerber GSX plus and getting a Versacamm VS-300i (30") instead. 99 percent of my decals are done on clear vinyl and are smaller than 9 inches long. I'm having a tough time getting good quality prints at such small dimensions, plus, the Edge just cant line up white underneath my colors for anything, and I always use white under my prints. (Any other printers that are capable of printing white that aren't 42" or bigger?)

In any case, I have only ever used Omega, got into the business about 2.5 yrs ago and self taught how to use it. I'm scared to get into something new, since I finally feel like I have a handle on vector art.

My dilemma is whether to change to something like Corel when I get a new printer and just learn it all new at one time, or stick with Omega and rip everything into VersaWorks? I'm terrified that I am going to have to spend endless hours converting Omega files to .eps if I change software? Any input would be appreciated!

Hello,

Everything you need is CADLink Print and Cut software.

More info;
https://www.cadlink.com

This Program support drivers of your print and cut.

Jburns

If you are printing mostly on clear-- have you looked at samples of a floodcoat from the versacam compared to the Edge? I have a feeling the white floodcoat on the thermal printer would be superior to the aqueos ink.

I agree, the Edge does a superior job with quality of color, and making the colors not opaque, however, when I cannot print my decals without a horrid white shadow because the Edge doesn't line up right, I am willing to give it up.