• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RV Graphics question

ams

Does anyone know if RV's are painted or have vinyl graphics from the factory? It has Clear Diamond Shield on it.

equippaint

Depends on the rv, some are full paint and others decals. Typically full body paint are higher priced class a and fifth wheels

decalman

Most RVs are just unpainted white gelcoat. The newer ones, have paint on the fiberglass, and usually the graphics are paint also. ( more expensive models)

RVs that have painted fiberglass, AND DECAL GRAPHICS on top of the paint, are a real hassle, because removing the decals, takes more care, because the paint can easily come off too.

ams

The customer wants me to wrap over the graphics and diamond shield (which is peeling). I told him that I don't know if adhesive will stick well to diamond shield and also it won't look new, since it is wrapping over peeling.

KMC

Graphic Artist
The customer wants me to wrap over the graphics and diamond shield (which is peeling). I told him that I don't know if adhesive will stick well to diamond shield and also it won't look new, since it is wrapping over peeling.
it can be done BUT i would not warrant it [HASHTAG]#AtCustomersOwnRisk[/HASHTAG] the fail rate on it is massive

most RV graphics are only warranted for 1 year and they are a very crappy quality, ive replaced so many i would be happy to never see another redecal job on a trailer again come across my desk but i would never turn it down [HASHTAG]#EasyMoney[/HASHTAG]

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
RVs are a pain in the a$$... customer will nitpick everything.
When wrapping over, explain that the vinyl will still show any texture underneath. even do a demo so they comprehend.

decalman

I do lots of RVs out west here .
Customers hardly ever nitpick.
They're just happy as he11 to find someone to do their decal maintenance .