• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RV stripes

bfwaits

I am looking for vector files of the various stripes and graphics that are used on RV's and Trailers. I am not looking for exact matches to the current stripes, just some to add on. Anyone know where i can get the files? Thanks in advance.

Most are owned by the vehicle manufacturer. We copied the original stripes off this one and replaced them.. Turned out looking good.

Attachments

• motorhome.jpg
    motorhome.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 296

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Yeah most of them are such arbitrary swooping stripes, very easy to recreate.

d fleming

Just replaced old stripes on one with knifeless tape. Nice stuff. Have a big one in now we have been on for three days trying to get the diamond shield protective film off the front. Evil stuff. Adhesive is sun burnt almost to black and it is a hideous monster.

decalman

I fabricate RV decals everyday. I can help you, with it.
I need to see a picture of it.

My biz email rvdecals@yahoo,com

Attachments

• Dutch Star AFTER.jpg
    Dutch Star AFTER.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 282

phototec

I am looking for vector files of the various stripes and graphics that are used on RV's and Trailers. I am not looking for exact matches to the current stripes, just some to add on. Anyone know where i can get the files? Thanks in advance.

This is really very easy to accomplish, just go to any RV dealer and take high res photos of the various designs you are interested in.

Shoot straight on from the middle of the RV ad try to have the elevation of the camera mid height (half way between the bottom and the top), and use a lens with a focal length slightly longer than a normal lens to avoid lens distortion, never use a wide angle lens.

Then import the image into Photoshop and enlarge to a decent size and resolution, then mask out all other subjects that you don't want, increase the contrast using the levels adjustment. Import into Illustrator and use Live Trace to make a clean vector which can be scaled to any size you want.

Or purchase them here:

http://graphicsrv.com/