• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S140T Dragging blade across laminated prints

Tessellate

Woot! Now keep your ears clean with the surplus q-tips you have now acquired!

Any summa reps want to comment on this? It’s tough to believe that additional rollers are required for this machine to ensure consistent results on anything other than cut vinyl. They are built like a tank but this one issue was right from the box.

cyclerc

I having similar problem but is the blade slide out from the blade holder (stuck a little bit in the thick laminate . The vinyl is flat ,using tables both sides. I can see how the blade stay out sometimes at the first blade touch before start cutting .

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I having similar problem but is the blade slide out from the blade holder (stuck a little bit in the thick laminate . The vinyl is flat ,using tables both sides. I can see how the blade stay out sometimes at the first blade touch before start cutting .

The blade should not be sliding out of the blade holder unless the blade holder has been damaged or if the blade has not been inserted correctly. I would double check to make sure you are using the correct blade and blade holder combination and check the blade holder to make sure nothing has been damaged. If you are using third party(non EOM) blades that could potentially be the cause of the issue as well. If you can provide more details on the blade type you are using(angle and if it is an EOM blade or not) and maybe a picture of how you have the blade loaded, I can offer up some additional pointers from there.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Just an update on this, one year later and we've still got a swab taped to the carriage lol.

Looks like crap, works fantastic. Absolutely no scratching whatsoever anymore. I highly recommend this quick fix for anyone having issues with the blade dragging across media.

cyclerc

The blade should not be sliding out of the blade holder unless the blade holder has been damaged or if the blade has not been inserted correctly. I would double check to make sure you are using the correct blade and blade holder combination and check the blade holder to make sure nothing has been damaged. If you are using third party(non EOM) blades that could potentially be the cause of the issue as well. If you can provide more details on the blade type you are using(angle and if it is an EOM blade or not) and maybe a picture of how you have the blade loaded, I can offer up some additional pointers from there.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Everything oem is a new s one , never happen before with my mimaki (similar blade holder type) using the same material.