• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S2 140T not cutting right with SCC

Bengt Backhaus

Hi.
new member, first post.

I have a Summa S2 140T and run it with Summa Winplot and Cutter Control.
When i cut with winplot everything is as it should be: perfect results.

But when i cut printed files with SCC it "overcuts".
Like, for instance, when it cuts a small "i" the cut continues between the dot and the body.
I have been using summa plotters for over a decade and haven't seen this before,
so i have no clue as to where to start looking for a solution.

This place seems to have more knowledge than any support i've talked to, so i figured i'd ask here.
\Bengt

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 174

Saturn

Aging Member
There is an actual ""overcut" setting/option. I believe it's for sure on the cutter, and I'm not sure if it's something you can change in SCC itself, but you should look both places.

Sadly I know from my own experience that WinPlot does some thing better than other cutter controllers, while being completely useless for others. I know that it handles path smoothing MUCH better than Onyx for example.

I assume these "small" letters are really small?

Bengt Backhaus

There is an actual ""overcut" setting/option. I believe it's for sure on the cutter, and I'm not sure if it's something you can change in SCC itself, but you should look both places.

Sadly I know from my own experience that WinPlot does some thing better than other cutter controllers, while being completely useless for others. I know that it handles path smoothing MUCH better than Onyx for example.

I assume these "small" letters are really small?

Thanks, i'll look into that.

Small in this case means everything between 6 and 9 millimeters. So yes, really small :)

Edit:
I found the setting and it says "overcut = 0.1 mm (or 0.004")"
Its the beginning of workday here in Sweden, so i will dig deeper later.

Last edited:

garyroy

Bengt, welcome to the Forum. A lot of real pros here.
You came and got a good suggestion. Don't let it be your last visit.
Come back and follow some other questions and maybe you'll have something to give.
Too many 1 time visitors that just come to get an answer and then never pay it back. ;)
Good to have you.

jerry369

If it were an overcut problem it would do it in all corners. May be It would seem a problem with the software generating the cut paths you send with SCC.
Send to the plotter a cut file generated by WinPlot using SCC and see if it has the same problem.

Otherwise if it is a mechanical problem try to do a knife calibration (using a black vinyl) or replace it with a new one...

Bengt Backhaus

If it were an overcut problem it would do it in all corners. May be It would seem a problem with the software generating the cut paths you send with SCC.
Send to the plotter a cut file generated by WinPlot using SCC and see if it has the same problem.

Otherwise if it is a mechanical problem try to do a knife calibration (using a black vinyl) or replace it with a new one...
Thanks.
I will look into that. I haven't done a new calibration, since it cuts perfectly from winplot.