• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S2 160T not cutting in correct location?

Subysti

Contour cutting a 48" x 108" layout. It goes through and finds all the registration marks fine. Then for some reason starts cutting 2" out like it scaled the file smaller? Doesn't always happen, usually I try same file again and it's fine. Using gosign that it came with.

Attachments

• 16641294861118542304442388115861.jpg
    16641294861118542304442388115861.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 172

Saturn

Aging Member
I'm not familiar with Gosign, but normally I don't see automated regmark creation where the artwork is so close to (what I assume) is the XY line. Most RIPS or plugins will leave TOO much room around marks. Maybe there's print too close to some of the marks and it's getting a false reading at certain points? Marks should have about a half inch clearance around them, although technically you can get away with things being much closer, you just need to know how and where the eye reads things.

Does the job allow you to print and cut shorter sheets?

Subysti

I'm not familiar with Gosign, but normally I don't see automated regmark creation where the artwork is so close to (what I assume) is the XY line. Most RIPS or plugins will leave TOO much room around marks. Maybe there's print too close to some of the marks and it's getting a false reading at certain points? Marks should have about a half inch clearance around them, although technically you can get away with things being much closer, you just need to know how and where the eye reads things. Does the job allow you to print and cut shorter sheets?
I'm not familiar with Gosign, but normally I don't see automated regmark creation where the artwork is so close to (what I assume) is the XY line. Most RIPS or plugins will leave TOO much room around marks. Maybe there's print too close to some of the marks and it's getting a false reading at certain points? Marks should have about a half inch clearance around them, although technically you can get away with things being much closer, you just need to know how and where the eye reads things. Does the job allow you to print and cut shorter sheets?

Subysti

It has no problems with smaller files. Also I usually can resend the problem file and it cuts fine the 2nd time around but a few parts are already fubar from the first attempt. Not sure if the file it too big but I can see that.

unmateria

Hi :) i have the very old model and if i remember good, just go to menu - setup - opos calibration - opos xy and make a calibration with a piece of black vinyl. It will cut a square, just peel the square and press ok and it will read the borders