• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S3T160 FlexCut Issues

Hello everyone.

I got a Summa S3T160 a few months back. Finally getting around to getting it into our daily workflow.

Lets say I have a sticker job to cut out and its 20 circles, side by side. My flex cut feature cuts out 1/4 or 1/2 of every circle down the entire row, then goes back and finishes the rest instead of just completing each circle at one time.

Anyone know how to correct this? Currently using Summa Gosign on Windows. I would like the machine to finish each sticker and move on, its taking much longer to cut out and sometimes leaves tabs if it doesnt meet back up exactly where it was.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You can maybe check if the output macro has some sorting options. I think even the cutter has some options on the front panel.

You can maybe check if the output macro has some sorting options. I think even the cutter has some options on the front panel.
The Cutter Control module has

Paneling: OFF
Panel Size: 50cm
Sorting Vectors: Off

(Options for Sorting is Off, Directional, Start Point)

I tried all 3, with no change to completing the shape.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.44.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.44.16 PM.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.44.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.44.28 PM.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.44.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.44.38 PM.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 51

Saturn

Aging Member
Depending on how large your circles are, if it's an adhesive vinyl you can probably skip the FlexCut and just do one or two "regular" cuts instead. FlexCut can lead to a lot of issues, and doesn't generally give better results for general stickers.

With regular cuts the adhesive keeps the sticker from falling out prematurely (when you have things set up well), but still cut completely through and easy to pop out on a work table.

FlexCut cuts similarly to having Sorting Vectors set to Directional, but there's no way to force FlexCut not to do otherwise. It would be a huge perk/upgrade if they made a toggle for that when using FlexCut. Can be good for rectangles, but not much else—maybe really big stuff on paper or non-adhesives.

For "stickers" I think FlexCut is really oversold, and more of a negative than a positive. In most cases the quality of the finished product will suffer enormously using it, as well as the speed.

Do some testing with one and two "regular" cuts and you might be pleasantly surprised.

jerry369

Hello everyone.

I got a Summa S3T160 a few months back. Finally getting around to getting it into our daily workflow.

Lets say I have a sticker job to cut out and its 20 circles, side by side. My flex cut feature cuts out 1/4 or 1/2 of every circle down the entire row, then goes back and finishes the rest instead of just completing each circle at one time.

Anyone know how to correct this? Currently using Summa Gosign on Windows. I would like the machine to finish each sticker and move on, its taking much longer to cut out and sometimes leaves tabs if it doesnt meet back up exactly where it was.
You can increase FlexCut panel size

GoSign automatically turns on FlexCut panelling. S3 firmware uses 2 different panelling sizes, one for Flexcut and one for all the rest.
Flexcut panelling size can be set in FlexCut panel on the plotter