• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 and linier profiles for ink limits nightmare.

altereddezignz

So i have been working for almost 2 days after a crappy install of my S80600. For some reason no matter what i do on my ink limits the print is either way to dull or light on ink or way to saturated and dark. I can go from 90-95 or the opposit way when doing the ink limits and get results that are beyond beleif for the amount of change.

I am using the i1pro2 eye to read the linearization chart.

Also when i print a ink limit chart and look close at the prints no matter what % i look at there is always what looks like to be a ghost or a miss alignment to the print to select the ink limit..

I have attached a few images of the linear chart an the multi ink limit print. Anything look odd on the print.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8239.jpg
    IMG_8239.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_8237.jpg
    IMG_8237.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_8235.jpg
    IMG_8235.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_8234.jpg
    IMG_8234.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_8229.jpg
    IMG_8229.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 240

usdsoccer

So i have been working for almost 2 days after a crappy install of my S80600. For some reason no matter what i do on my ink limits the print is either way to dull or light on ink or way to saturated and dark. I can go from 90-95 or the opposit way when doing the ink limits and get results that are beyond beleif for the amount of change.

I am using the i1pro2 eye to read the linearization chart.

Also when i print a ink limit chart and look close at the prints no matter what % i look at there is always what looks like to be a ghost or a miss alignment to the print to select the ink limit..

I have attached a few images of the linear chart an the multi ink limit print. Anything look odd on the print.

Thanks

Make sure you do the feed and head alignments for each media. That should remove the ghosting.

Epson has a program called Control Dashboard that should've been installed with the printer. You can download profiles directly from Epson's server and that should hopefully take care of your issues.

altereddezignz

I am doing the feed and head alignment on the media that i am using. It was an issue with flexi i guess. Flexi Europe called me and logged in and did 2 update patches so i can now complete icc profiles on my own.
My only issue is selecting the correct ink limits for standard ink limits and the multi ink limits. I always think i am selecting the incorrect ones.
Depending on the ink limits you select is as well effects the output colors so mine always come out different each time ......

Is there a better way to describe or to select the ink limits out of flexi so i know i will color match across medias and print pass with resolutions as close as i can?

As you can see from the images below.
The image on the printer with all boxes for the characterization print swatches the bottom is a washed out pastel colors and the top is a more vibrant better color.
The top is more ink limit or a higher % than i think was needed but the bottom was the ink limit i think was needed. As you can see what i thought was right was not.

I zoomed in on the same spot so you can see the amount of ink that was printed as well so maybe that will give you an better idea to help me if you can lol..

Also i have attached images of the multi ink limit chart that i am having more issues with as well deciding.

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpg
    IMG_8338.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_8339.jpg
    IMG_8339.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8340.jpg
    IMG_8340.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_8341.jpg
    IMG_8341.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_8342.jpg
    IMG_8342.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_8343.jpg
    IMG_8343.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 230

usdsoccer

i would really like to learn this myself but we are looking at possibly having someone to come in and train us.

I'd recommend you try installing the Onyx RIP that came with the machine to see if you like the results. From what I've heard, Onyx and Caldera perform well with the Epsons.

altereddezignz

Yea i just wont be able to use my cutter or create any profiles if i use onyx. Also i would have to us ea whole different computer if i used caldera.