• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 and Summa T series- Advice? warnings? pros/cons

FORMATMOTO

Anyone have any advice for running these two for MX graphics and Perf Cut Stickers/banners? I was going to buy a VG2 and am happy I have waited(seen a lot of negative on the VG2). But I have Roland equipment already. Looking at the tune of 33k for these and would love to find a refurb machine or something that would be a bit cheaper but thinking I'm gonna have to bite the bullet.

victor bogdanov

I'm happy with my 2 roland sg2, they've both been running for almost 2 years 6 hrs per day, not a single problem.

I had a summa s2t and that was the worst cutter I've owned running along side roland and graphtec cutters, glad it broke after 2 years. Only Graphtec for me from now on.

Saturn

Aging Member
Big vote for the S80600 and S2T. I do thousands and thousands of die-cut stickers every week, and have since I bought my S2 used on Craigslist 3+ years ago.

Stuff with a heavy laminate (10-15+ mil) would be better off on a flatbed, but I think there's folks on here making good use of custom infeed and outfeed tables that make a good go of it. I'm sure you're already poking through old threads.

For my die-cut stickers I do 2-passes of a "regular" cut instead of using the perf—Most things are just 6-16 square inches. In my mind the cut strip equates to cleaner cuts, but I don't have experience using a Graphtec. All I can base that on is what I see online and what I produce everyday.

Most of my competition locally run Summas, and all seem to be doing bang up business. I sold my old printer to one of them, and he jumped from little busted Roland to a used Summa S2T without skipping a beat. Lots of opinions on here, but I feel like it's mostly going to be splitting hairs, myself included! ;p

GC Decor

Super Printer
Not too much knowledge on the solvent printer (We only use UV Printers Roll/flatbeds) but hands down Summa has been awesome. We have two of t series and one d series and they are work horses. Best quality of cut & speed of any roll cutter - our flatbed cutter is the only thing that beats it in speed. I haven't found a Roll cutter that beats them in Die cutting & We have owned a ton of brands - once you get your settings down, there performance is unmatched.

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
Not too much knowledge on the solvent printer (We only use UV Printers Roll/flatbeds) but hands down Summa has been awesome. We have two of t series and one d series and they are work horses. Best quality of cut & speed of any roll cutter - our flatbed cutter is the only thing that beats it in speed. I haven't found a Roll cutter that beats them in Die cutting & We have owned a ton of brands - once you get your settings down, there performance is unmatched.
just curious: what kind of flatbed cutter do you have?

GC Decor

Super Printer
We were running a CWT, CWT was faster at die cutting than our roll cutter - Kiss cutting I would say our Summa's are a bit faster.

Last edited:

FORMATMOTO

SignMeUpGraphics I have a GR-540 with the perf cut channel and I cannot find anywhere or anyone that can help with perf cutting on this cutter. I have tried so many different blades/materials/settings and really no luck ever. Rolands Support on the cutter is dog shit. I have a thread going on the cutter to see if anyone has good results with it, no luck so far.

Pretty sure I will be going with the S80600- anyone deal with Grimco? Thanks everyone-

GC Decor

Super Printer
Yeah Grimco is awesome, we bought our summa cutters from them and most of our day to day materials. On equipment we found them to have the most competitive pricing, sometimes you can find roll goods cheaper locally but Grimco has the most stock & variety out of any company we buy from.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Talk with Trigon Imaging for a deal on the equipment you're looking for and excellent customer service. Tell them Jason @ Crux told you to call.

Personally, I love our new Graphtec FC9000, but we do not cut out "perf cut" decals, all of ours stay on the roll.
I would also recommend the S60600 over the S80600 due to the speed, and none of our customers have ever complained about the color. (and I think we do a LOT of printing here)

The Onyx print/cut/barcode system is awesome; we take the roll off the printer (roll to roll), put it on the laminator (roll to roll), then put it on the plotter (roll to roll), then weed it!
You only have to hit the barcode button and it plots EVERYTHING on the roll.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Talk with Trigon Imaging for a deal on the equipment you're looking for and excellent customer service. Tell them Jason @ Crux told you to call.

Personally, I love our new Graphtec FC9000, but we do not cut out "perf cut" decals, all of ours stay on the roll.
I would also recommend the S60600 over the S80600 due to the speed, and none of our customers have ever complained about the color. (and I think we do a LOT of printing here)

The Onyx print/cut/barcode system is awesome; we take the roll off the printer (roll to roll), put it on the laminator (roll to roll), then put it on the plotter (roll to roll), then weed it!
You only have to hit the barcode button and it plots EVERYTHING on the roll.
Op profile Location is in Colorado, a Company in Milford Ohio not gonna be able to help him.