• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 Bandning

Borism25

Did you maybe try to manually adjust banding and that settings stay even if you switch media, it's not bad just to see to rule that out. Manual feed adjustment , I heard where guy constantly call service and have banding until service tech go to the location and see that they set manual feed to max. If you didn't set anything try to set some value. Do you have problems on other media?

royalwrapz

Having same issues with my s60600 and Epson is absolutely no help. Machine is in warranty, they have replaced parts. The last time tech was here, they replaced parts, banding first print, they packed up and left. Told me I would get a call that was 1 month ago. I have had Epson techs out 10times. They can't figure it out and are no help at all.

Epson service is garbage.
Epson as a company is garbage
Printer is great when it wants to work

mim

0_o
Menu>Media Setup>Customize Settings>Current Settings>Media Adjust>Manual>Feed Adjustment>Standard>Print

I do this whenever I change the media to avoid banding. You could also run a head alignment, you get to that option via the same route.

MichaelAlmand

Did you maybe try to manually adjust banding and that settings stay even if you switch media, it's not bad just to see to rule that out. Manual feed adjustment , I heard where guy constantly call service and have banding until service tech go to the location and see that they set manual feed to max. If you didn't set anything try to set some value. Do you have problems on other media?
Same problems on every media

marsuni

Unitype-GR
I am having the same problems. Everything is fine at first and then it starts banding in the prints. Before I could just clean it and it would go away. Now it does this on the first print after I clean everything.
It seems to be printed in high speed...

LiqueColor

We had the same problem with a Roland XC-540. It turned out to be the Roll was overwound and the machine was straining to pull the media off of the roll because of the “stick”. Try unrolling 6 feet or more off the roll and see if that cures the problem. It’s more common than you think and does happen to all media manufacturers.

There is also a paper feed encoder disc on the inside left cover that you may be able to reach from the inside....that disc is like a MAP for the paper feed platen and if there is dust on it it may under or overfeed causing banding....Also, check the belt to make sure it is not too loose (or missing teeth)

As a general rule, if you are doing manual feed adjustments: White lines in banding is caused by overfeed so decrease feed steps and dark lines in banding tend to be underfeed so increase feed.