• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 or HP 365L for a wallpaper mural startup

lora

Hello everybody,
I am about to jump into a wallpaper murals printing manufacturing. And my biggest concern as of right now is which printer should I go with? I am debating between Epson S80600, HP 365L Latex and Roland VF2-640. Can you please share your own experience with those printer companies.
Also, what source you guys use for high quality pictures for mural designs?
Thank you in advance.

bannertime

I'm a fan of HP Latex for outdoor graphics, but I'm not a fan of it for indoor applications. Have heard great things about the S80.

peerlessdani

I have a Roland VG2-540, it seems to be great as long as you know how to use it. I was brand new to it , zero experience so it's been a learning curve cause I haven't had any training but it seems to work nicely.

lora

I have a Roland VG2-540, it seems to be great as long as you know how to use it. I was brand new to it , zero experience so it's been a learning curve cause I haven't had any training but it seems to work nicely.
I am considering this one as well. What type of product do you print on it?

jfiscus

Rap Master
It probably depends on what all materials you're looking at printing on. I know when we had a latex it was able to print on some wallpapers that eco-solvents could not, but we never printed on those materials. If you're looking to do large runs of panels that have to be color consistent for tiling, I'm suspecting you're going to have issues with the latex. We couldn't get consistent color out of ours. Look into the 60600 instead of the 80600. The other (non-CMYK) colors aren't warranted and you'll probably never need them. We are running all Epson here now.

greysquirrel

the s80 is a fantastic printer best IQ of any sub 20k printer...the inks(like most eco solvent printers) have an oder. The s80s is a little more than most because of its quicker outgassing(within 8 hours) The latex will not smell plus you get onboard profiling on the 360/560 series....with the current promos, skip the 365 get a 560...I am not a fan of any current Roland since they moved from Epson printheads...

lora

It probably depends on what all materials you're looking at printing on. I know when we had a latex it was able to print on some wallpapers that eco-solvents could not, but we never printed on those materials. If you're looking to do large runs of panels that have to be color consistent for tiling, I'm suspecting you're going to have issues with the latex. We couldn't get consistent color out of ours. Look into the 60600 instead of the 80600. The other (non-CMYK) colors aren't warranted and you'll probably never need them. We are running all Epson here now.
Do you guys print wallpaper murals or something else on Epsons?

lora

the s80 is a fantastic printer best IQ of any sub 20k printer...the inks(like most eco solvent printers) have an oder. The s80s is a little more than most because of its quicker outgassing(within 8 hours) The latex will not smell plus you get onboard profiling on the 360/560 series....with the current promos, skip the 365 get a 560...I am not a fan of any current Roland since they moved from Epson printheads...
What concerns me is 220V power needed for HP's. Also I've heard that due to high drying temperature when printing wallpaper murals it shrink the media a lot.

greysquirrel

the 220 is more stable power and required to get heaters up to temp faster/more efficiently. Any heaters if too high can cause shrinkage...on every media you run through the latex you will create a media preset that links with an icc color profile....you control your settings here...set it once and done...

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
A lot of threads on here about HP’s having trouble with consistent tiling and/or colour consistency. What’s UV like for wallpaper? Has a lot of the benefits of both of the technologies

lora

A lot of threads on here about HP’s having trouble with consistent tiling and/or colour consistency. What’s UV like for wallpaper? Has a lot of the benefits of both of the technologies
Yes, color consistency is another issue of HP printers as far as I've heard from different people.
I've been talking to Canon guys about the new Colorado 1650 model with UVgel technology. They claim it to be the best solution for wallpaper mural application, but it is pricey, around $55K ball park.
So I still in doubts between S80600 and HP560.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Yeah we have a 1640, inks are just shiny so I wouldn’t look at wallpaper lol. I can pretty much guarantee you’ll get excellent results but yeah, pricey! Though we factored in everything and have saved a LOT due to the lower ink/maintenance costs and the print speeds are crazy. We’ve been running about 6000-8000sqft of COVID-19 stuff a day recently and would need a fleet of Epsons to keep up lol.

That and the oce version of onyx let’s me send all my files to the printer as it has its own hold queue. Though that’s pretty daunting when you send your jobs and the printer tells you it’ll be busy till 9am tomorrow morning if you fancy an all nighter lol

Plenty entry level UV printers around though. The Mimaki UCJV series is nice.

As far as the Epsons go, I haven’t seen a single complaint about one on these forums and a lot of people seem to have them. For wallpaper murals you can probably use the extra Colours for a nice gamut and won’t need the outdoor rating on them anyway.

With that said, HP’s are huge everywhere and you’d probably save a fair bit on getting tech’s out as most of the components are user replaceable. They do however appear to be a hit or a miss. A few members swear by them, a few members swear at them..

lora

Yeah we have a 1640, inks are just shiny so I wouldn’t look at wallpaper lol. I can pretty much guarantee you’ll get excellent results but yeah, pricey! Though we factored in everything and have saved a LOT due to the lower ink/maintenance costs and the print speeds are crazy. We’ve been running about 6000-8000sqft of COVID-19 stuff a day recently and would need a fleet of Epsons to keep up lol.

That and the oce version of onyx let’s me send all my files to the printer as it has its own hold queue. Though that’s pretty daunting when you send your jobs and the printer tells you it’ll be busy till 9am tomorrow morning if you fancy an all nighter lol

Plenty entry level UV printers around though. The Mimaki UCJV series is nice.

As far as the Epsons go, I haven’t seen a single complaint about one on these forums and a lot of people seem to have them. For wallpaper murals you can probably use the extra Colours for a nice gamut and won’t need the outdoor rating on them anyway.

With that said, HP’s are huge everywhere and you’d probably save a fair bit on getting tech’s out as most of the components are user replaceable. They do however appear to be a hit or a miss. A few members swear by them, a few members swear at them..
Useful information. Thank you.

lora

HP has HP Wallart software for wallpaper designs included for one year with purchased printer; Do you guys know if EPSON comes with the same kind of design software as well? Or if you can share any other design softs, where you can easily manipulate with wallpaper mural designs and the furniture around it, it would be highly appreciated.