• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 printing issues

vibezprinting

7FBE9DD1-A942-463F-93AE-562F4405C508.jpeg

mim

0_o
Not sure if this will work but it won't hurt to try.

Menu > Maintenance > Head Maintenance > Auto Head Maintenance

garyroy

If that were on a Roland, I would attribute it to a head strike, and black head may have moved.
I don't know how many print heads are on an 80600, or if all 4 colors are one head like some of the older Rolands.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
2 heads in the S80600. 10 channels each. They are exact copies of each other, so all inks pass through both heads with the same colour arrangement.
It's weird that it looks like you can see multiple mis-alignments though.
What head height are you running? Maybe it's too high for the material, but I can't say I've accidentally ever changed ours are it's buried deep in the media setup menu.

ikarasu

Is the misting / colors going left/right, or are they off vertically?

If left / right... its the head inclination. Don't try to change it yourself... its a knob that tilts/raises the head a little bit and aligns them, its held in by a screw and spring... and when you turn it, it uses little nubs to level the head (My understanding) Which causes a lot of tension on the little plastic piece... I tried to do mine and somehow the little piece of plastic that has so much tension on it broke... Now I'm out $800 (Have to replace the whole carriage) and a day worth of labor because half the printer has to be taken apart. Ontop of taking 2 weeks to get the carriage in... its a pain. Learned my lesson and never doing something I'm not too familiar with again, repair manual or not!

Go make a profile for unidirection and see if it does the same thing. I've been printing uni for the past week and its been fine, my prints looks like yours when I'm printing on a regular profile though... Hopefully friday it gets fixed finally.