• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sabre 408 5hp spindle

Henry Petit

Where can I get one without going through Gerber? We are looking at purchasing the router but the spindle is fried.

JimJenson

For a couple hundred in bearings, you can probably do it yourself. Most spindles I have seen are not too complicated. I have never opened up a router spindle, but have done several other CNC machines. Be careful, most spindles have at least one pair of angular contact besrings, which have to be assembled opposing each other. These are usually on the end nearest the cutter.

Bob Gilliland

If it is a high frequency spindle…

Precision Drive Systems
128 Durkee Lane
Dallas, NC 28034
www.pdscolombo.com

Your best bet would be to contact this individual to review the specifics:

Gene McDonald
704.922.5261 x113
gmcdonaldATpdscolombo.com

openwood

I also think you should look into having that spindle repaired.I think you also have the option of removing the spindle and mounting a router.Our spindle is going on 6 years and still runs great.Gerber has you locked in for buying a new one as far as i know,and they will probably hit you pretty hard in the pocket book for a new one.

Just looked at you site,what were you using now to cut you letters.

Good luck

Brian