• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion SAI Flexi and Production Manager prints smaller than file size

RichardG

Has anyone here had any issues with SAI software printing out files at a smaller size?

We have a HP 365 Latex printer, use AI and Photoshop to design/edit files, then SAI Production Manager and Flexi to print them. I have noticed a while ago that prints for some reason tend to be 1/8" smaller when they come out. Generally, most prints have bleed already and this isn't an issue. However, this particular job we need the prints to be precise. When I send prints out at 100% size they come out smaller. For example, if a file is sized at 45.5", it prints at 45.375". I estimated that when change the percentage to 100.258% to compensate for the downsize, the prints are coming out at the correct dimensions. Would anyone know how to correct this? Or will I just have to always print all files at the larger scale?

This is just one issue I've had with SAI software, if it even is an issue with Flexi or production manager. I do really like the abilities of these programs and their ease of use but they give me a fair share of issues with not a lot of information to solve them.

As a bonus question; Has anyone also experienced Flexi cutting off parts of artwork? I had a 51.5" x 102.5" panel to print but when I loaded it on to Flexi for some reason it removed about 6" worth of the art from the 102.5" in the program before printing with a perfectly good AI file.

If anyone has any information on this it would be much appreciated!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is an option in Flexi called, "Output Size Compensation." It prints out a square, you measure it, input the measurement value, and it adjusts all prints from that point on. Also just keep in mind that most roll to roll printers have an error due to the many factors that go into feeding material etc. In general you will start to see size differences on things 8 ft and longer to a certain degree.

RichardG

Have you ever spoken with flexi about the issues? They have really good tech support.
I have not, but with the problems I've had, I probably should sometime.

There is an option in Flexi called, "Output Size Compensation." It prints out a square, you measure it, input the measurement value, and it adjusts all prints from that point on. Also just keep in mind that most roll to roll printers have an error due to the many factors that go into feeding material etc. In general you will start to see size differences on things 8 ft and longer to a certain degree.
Thank You! I see that option, will have to give that a try, looks promising

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have not, but with the problems I've had, I probably should sometime.
I had an issue with one of their updates in 2019. I called in and they used team viewer to look at my issue. Turns out there was a bug in the software update and I happened to find it.

cornholio

Every Rip has should have a size compensation feature, because most printers print too short, due to media expansion in the print area with subsequent shrinkage.