• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAI Flexi Production Manager drops cut shapes

Ernestww

I'm using Flexi to print and contour cut two decals that say 'La Luna' on the second decal the contour cut shape on 'Luna' has disappeared. Attached pic shows missing shape in Flexi Production Manager.

I have had this happen three of four times. Like on a sheet of stickers it will drop two cut shapes (seemingly randomly). You can go back to illustrator and remake your cut shapes, save open the new file in Flexi, make a new contour cut, but the same shape is still missing in production manager.

I'm running Flexi 22.0.1, it happens in the previous version as well.

Second question - what is the best ripware?

Attachments

• SAI Drops Cut.jpg
    SAI Drops Cut.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 226

Evan Gillette

I would guess that the missing piece either got into a different group or mask. Another strange issue I have had is that the color gets changed after it is made a contour path and then doesn't show up in production manager.

Ernestww

I found something that works. If I open the file in Flexi from an AI file the cut shapes appear in PM. If I open the file from an EPS, some shapes are sometimes missing. I was using an EPS.

Last edited:

jimdtg

I found something that works. If I open the file in Flexi from an AI file the cut shapes appear in PM. If I open the file from an EPS, some shapes are sometimes missing. I was using an EPS.
How are about .EPS shapes when you import to DesignCentral?

Ernestww

I would guess that the missing piece either got into a different group or mask. Another strange issue I have had is that the color gets changed after it is made a contour path and then doesn't show up in production manager.
This is the solution. Thanks Evan. The EPS had a mask and wouldn't send. I guess the AI imported to flexi with no mask. Solution - right click and 'remove all masks' Thanks again.