• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAi giving Flexi12 away for free?

So in the side cloud bar of my flexi v11 there is a download v12 free. Full version of the software for free. Why is SAi giving away v12 for free? I don't have a subscription service. When we bought the printer they gave us FlexiPro HP Edition v11 and now there is a thing to download the same thing but on the new v12 platform. Any insights to this free giveaway. I contacted SAi but they skirted around the question. Just said it's a completely new version, not an upgrade, that is completely free to use and download.

download and try it... is it because you have 11?

it's because we bought v11, not a subscription service. Most companies don't give away a free version of their product with all the bells and whistles for you to just have. But I did send a message to SAi asking about it. This is what I was told

"FREE is your reward for being a good HP & Flexi user. We were introducing Flexi 12 at the same time HP was rolling out the printers & software. Some customers have 11 & some 12.
So we are just getting everyone on the same page. If you buy a HP latex today it will come with Flexi 12.

If you buy a new MUTOH it comes with Flexi 12, a FLORA UV Flatbed comes with Flexi 12, etc."

Still doesn't really make sense to me why they would just give it away. Is there something in v11 that they can't control. So they give everyone v12 for "FREE" because then they can control it better? Something just doesn't sound right.

deand_sai

Merchant Member
SAi product manager here. The reason the Flexi HP Edition upgrades are free is because that's the deal we worked with HP. No conspiracy or hidden agenda. HP just wants all of their FlexiPRINT HP OEM Edition users to have the latest and greatest Flexi software, which they also bundle worldwide with the HP Latex 110, 310 and 330. As a worldwide bundle, HP works very closely with SAi on this OEM of Flexi. As a FlexiSIGN-PRO HP Edition user, you also benefit from this with the free upgrade.

This new version includes the new v12 features in Flexi as well as improved integration for the HP WallArt Suite and updated HP Latex drivers.

To see videos on the new features, visit www.ThinkSAi.com/Update

Kemraj

SAi product manager here. The reason the Flexi HP Edition upgrades are free is because that's the deal we worked with HP. No conspiracy or hidden agenda. HP just wants all of their FlexiPRINT HP OEM Edition users to have the latest and greatest Flexi software, which they also bundle worldwide with the HP Latex 110, 310 and 330. As a worldwide bundle, HP works very closely with SAi on this OEM of Flexi. As a FlexiSIGN-PRO HP Edition user, you also benefit from this with the free upgrade.

This new version includes the new v12 features in Flexi as well as improved integration for the HP WallArt Suite and updated HP Latex drivers.

To see videos on the new features, visit www.ThinkSAi.com/Update

Hey i bought the Hp Latex 365 can i get the software as well?

player

Once they get everyone to 12 they can then do what they did before and force upgrades to subscription or shut off your software. They did it before.

If you get the upgrade use Windows Firewall to block them from communicating with your version.

Hey i bought the Hp Latex 365 can i get the software as well?

At present, the HP Latex 365 ships with two options for a RIP:

• SAI Flexi Basic RIP - perpetually licensed basic RIP
  • SAI Flexi Subscription - full featured RIP + print with design capability. The initial 12-month subscription is included in the printer purchase, after which the user has the option to assume the payment stream or to revert to the basic RIP referenced in the first bullet
P Wagner

jpescobar

Well I want to give my version of this topic : I've had several discussions with the SAi Inside Sales Representatives (EMEA region) and he informed me that the new Flexi 19 (HP Edition) will be bundled with HP Latex printers according to their series. For example : HP Latex Print & Cut Solution will be shipped with SAi FlexiPRINT & Cut 19. If a customer receive Flexi 12 with the printer he can upgrade to version 19 via his cloud account.

Kemraj

At present, the HP Latex 365 ships with two options for a RIP:

• SAI Flexi Basic RIP - perpetually licensed basic RIP
  • SAI Flexi Subscription - full featured RIP + print with design capability. The initial 12-month subscription is included in the printer purchase, after which the user has the option to assume the payment stream or to revert to the basic RIP referenced in the first bullet
P Wagner

I think this is madness, Almost all other printers like Roland and mamaki bundles with a full software. So the Sai Flexi Basic Rip, would i be able to use my gcc Expert II Lx to contour cut after the 365 days subscription.
I think its a bit unfair that the other models get a full software and the 365 Gets a one year subscription.

I think this is madness, Almost all other printers like Roland and mamaki bundles with a full software. So the Sai Flexi Basic Rip, would i be able to use my gcc Expert II Lx to contour cut after the 365 days subscription.
I think its a bit unfair that the other models get a full software and the 365 Gets a one year subscription.

All HP Latex 300 Series printers ship with a RIP.

315, 335 and 365 models ship with perpetually licensed SAI Flexi Basic RIP
365 also includes a subscription to SAI Flexi Subscription pre-paid for 12-months

Print & Cut Bundle Solutions ship with HP Flexi Print & Cut Software

Details on these versions are found here:
https://www.thinksai.com/hplatex