• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Same song, different verse. Cyan ink not filling? SP300V

Team Valhalla

My issue is very similar to mjdun009's problem of magenta not filling... except my issue is with Cyan.

Ink is fairly new... expiration is next year.
Test print is good... except there's no Cyan at all.
Done all the cleaning processes... Medium, Powerful, etc.

Above the print head, all the lines coming from the ink cartridges are full... except for the Cyan. It's empty.

I used a syringe to pull ink, but it gets pulled back when taking the syringe off. It seems to "pull hard". Using a good size syringe, the plunger was three quarters pulled back when ink finally started coming.

I have new dampers showing up today to swap out and see if it helps.

This leads to my question... after putting the new damper on the end of the ink line, can I use a syringe to pull ink through the line again... through the damper? Will the damper then keep it from sucking back into the cartridge?

I've been messing with this issue for about a week now. I broke down and scheduled a tentative date for a tech to come in and work on it. The service call alone is going to cost me over $700 just to have him/her show up. If I can get it resolved before they come that would be great!!

Thanks in advance for any / all input.

IV

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The damper will probably do the trick. Make sure you change the o-ring between the ink line and damper to rule out any leaks. When you pull the ink through the damper, it should stay in the line if everything is working properly.

Team Valhalla

The damper will probably do the trick. Make sure you change the o-ring between the ink line and damper to rule out any leaks. When you pull the ink through the damper, it should stay in the line if everything is working properly.

Thanks for the input!

What's the best way to pull ink through the damper with the female fitting that it has? Pardon my ignorance... should I use a syringe with a male threads? Or just a "press fit" type dock between the damper and syringe end?

The o-ring... I'm gonna guess that doesn't come with the damper?

IV