• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sawgrass and Epson

Craig Keller

I have a f170 epson and a still in the box sg400. Wondering if I should even start the sg400 up or just stick to the Epson. Has anyone ran both and is there really a big difference for the big difference in ink costs?

Thanks!

EdLemmers

I have a sawgrass SG1000, i know that the ink is expensive. Epson would be cheaper in ink usage…. But…
Sawgrass is leading in sublimation, you get colorprofiles and design tools for whatever article you would want to sublimate. Everything we make with our sawgrass is high resolution, with absolute banging colours. So we would not change for Epson personally.

Especially for smaller items and lots of them, we don’t use so much ink… for us thete is more then enough profit to make from it.

Dan Berg

Huge difference in ink prices. Last year before the ink prices went up Sawgrass was $2.60 per ml and Epson was .13. Sawgrass was 20 times more expensive. That would give me my answer immediately.
Epson has great printers and some really great profiles.
Regarding small items and low ink usage when the time comes to fill up you still pay $2.60 a ml. (Or whatever it is today.)

comp56

I've had my F-series surecolor printer for about 6 weeks now and it has been printing out picture perfect prints right out of the gate, not sure the ink usage difference between this printer and any sawgrass but I have to say this thing paid for itself in the first 2 weeks and I haven't even needed to worry bout ink levels it has barely moved. I know eventually I will need to add ink and when I do I know it will be at a fraction of the cost of any sawgrass. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the sawgrass is an excellent printer but from my research the ink cost was the deal breaker for my choice. In Canada I can buy 140ml bottles of genuine Epson sublimation ink for $29.95 a bottle that is about .21¢ per ml