• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bebriukas20

Hey everyone, im facing a problem with my Vj 628 sawgrass. Few days before i reinstall all drivers and softwares on my pc and printer. But i had to do it like 10 times in a row . Because there was no vj 628 in printers list. But it was communication with printer through Lan . After that much attempts now my printer stop to reacting to Lan cable. Every time im plugging in Lan cable my computer shows that nothing is plugged in. Tried with different computer same Lan cable 100% good working woth other devices. Also i have a Lan to usb cable which is for scanning goods. And computer don’t support that cable, but when i plugging in and plugging out from printer it’s reacting with printer. I believe its kinda firmware error can be on printer ,because of that many times to reinstall and install drivers. Is any one of you guys know , how to reset Vj 628 manually to factory sets? .

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi,

I have a vj628 as well but I kind of doubt anyone is going to know much. Can the company you bought it from help? Are the tcip settings correct?

I’m hoping to turn mine into a dtf system or sell it. It’s almost brand new but we just use our large format printer more…

Bebriukas20

Yes everything is set up correctly. Problem appears when I reinstall and again install drivers on printer for a several times, than printer stopped reacting to Lan . I tested printer lan port with tester it shows that port is working. Lan cable and pc good 100 proc all other devices working. Well where are you based Usa or Eu ? If Eu how much you want for your Vj628 ? If it sawgrass.

netsol

Hybriddesign

There is no valid reason to repeatedly keep reinstalling the same piece of software, again and again. Each time you do this you increase the number of orphaned registry keys, POINTING TO NOTHING, slowing your machine down even more and reducing the likelyhood it will ever function properly

Whatever issue caused these installs to fail is still there, and will undoubtedly cause other issues in the future

I am not trying to be argumentative but you would probably be better off, doing a reset to your windows install, if a piece of oftwre fils, troublehoot it before going on or reinstalling

Bebriukas20

I did it because after installing software and drivers was impossible list printer to MSM . After few times reinstalling its appears and was possible to add it on MSM. Thats why i did several times :)

netsol

Odd, but ok.
Serious question.
If you run a program like ping plotter are you sure the lan connection is not dropping out?
It seems more likely it didn't list the printer because it couldn't be detected.
I know the rolands much better, but am working on acquiring my first mutoh.
We need a mutoh expert to tell you the reasons a mutoh would be "not ready" to be detected

Bebriukas20

MSM is a really bugged software as I read all MSM code I noticed many faults on it. For example if printer late 5s software stoped to responded because for example vj628 dont have a auto reconnect to Lan . So if something interferes with connection for a few seconds msm stops working. And all sawgrass and Mutoh support is so bad …. Everything what they offering most of time buy expensive parts to change it even when they didint check it manually. Yes Roland is kind personally for me. We also have some Roland Rx 640 old but king . And support is bid different on it :) .

Jennb1107

I have not used my Mutoh VJ628 in awhile. However nothing has changed on it. It is connected to a dedicated laptop via eithernet and neither of them have moved. When I turn on the printer I get a solid orange light. No idea what it means. Launch my VJ Status monitor and it says no printer registered. I've tried everything I can think of for 3 days now and I cant get it to appear connected to the network. I've reset the IP address multiple times and it restarts the printer but still cant register it and cant print to it. I'm about to pull my hair out. Any ideas?