• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SB nation

steeltech

There is a sports site names SB Nation that covers all sports. They recently reformatted and had a designer redesign every team's logo. As a Steelers Fan, I wasnt happy with what the artist made and I made this to show it can be better. Unfortunately, they are not taking requests or changing the logo. Its final. But, I wanted to know what everyone here thought of my revision. Their logo is on the left, mine is on the right. The fans hated it so much I wasnt sure if they liked anything I would have put up.

Attachments

• behindthesteelcurtain.com.full.jpg
    behindthesteelcurtain.com.full.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 88
  • SB-Nation.jpg
    SB-Nation.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

steeltech

Each team has its own logo. This was the concept they felt best represented the Steelers. The vast majority dislike it and feel it is dull and painful to look at. There are 31 other NFL teams and they all, for the most part, look decent.

qmr55

I follow SB Nation as well, and if you look at all the different logos the slogan at the bottom is a play off of the picture and vise-versa. So your concept doesn't quite go with the slogan. Now if you came up with a new slogan then your concept could work!

P.S. I'm a die hard flyers fan and I think the one they did for the flyers is badass!

Attachments

• broadstreethockey.com.full.jpg
    broadstreethockey.com.full.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 62

steeltech

Yes, but the Steelers site is "Behind the Steel Curtain". They chose to have a stickman wielding a sledgehammer. In mine, there is something to be seen behind the steel curtain. I thought mine came closer than theirs. Youre right though, that one is badass. A lot of them are very good, but I wasnt too happy with what they did for the Steelers. Then again, if anyone knows the Steelers they know there is no mascot (Steely Mcbeam doesnt count), they have one logo on one side only, and they do not have cheerleaders. Maybe they did hit the nail on the head by doing something completely different and refusing to change. Dont mind me though, Im just grumpy they lost to the raiders this weekend.

steeltech

I had to make a correction. The official logo on their site in the image provided on the LEFT. I created the one on the RIGHT. I did not make the stickman who looks like John Henry.

steeltech

Yeah I bet folks viewed it, were fooled by my mistake, thought I was an older artist at a 3rd grade level and decided it might be better not to comment and crush my feelings. What a bad first impression Ive made. I'll try to make up for it later.