• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-540 Heads

slangsc

I'm getting some nozzle deflection on my Cyan and Light Cyan heads. Attached is my bi-dir calibration test which really shows it off well. The standard nozzle test actually looks pretty good. I've cleaned and soaked the heads with no change. If I swap the cables to the heads, the problem stays. Does this mean the heads are toast?

Attachments

• bi-dir.jpg
    bi-dir.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 112

JR Digital

I don't understand your problem ??? do you mean the blurry part ??

Had this problem before.. clean around your heads, knife, planten and make sure there are no fibers around.. use a flashlight.

Robert M

Heads

Try pulling the dampers and gently push some cleaning solution through the the manifold, how old are the heads?
I stock them in Denver, $725.00
I also have the tech manual if you need it

slangsc

I manually clean the heads with swabs at least once a week, but twice if we're busy. It's not static or dirt or the media.

Nozzle test prints look quite good, actually. That's what threw me off. But they are done at a slower head speed. In the bi-dir calibration print, the faster the head speed, the more the deflection.

These heads are about 1-1/2 years old. History report shows only 900,000 K shots on C and only 472,000 K shots on LC, which is the worst one on the print. I'll try the cleaning solution and see what happens there. Thanks for the tip.

slangsc

No luck pushing cleaning solution through the heads. No change in the test print. Just out of curiosity, would having the wrong head rank setting eventually cause something like this? Just wondering.

Try the test print in service mode...you'll see a finer test print that may show issues. Wrong head rank may be part of the issue, you'll need to remove the head to get the numbers...then look closely with a magnifying glass at the head,

slangsc

I can see it in the finer portion of the service mode test print. Basically the dots are pushed in the direction of head travel, as if they are being fired too slowly.