• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-545EX Networking?

mesheau

Question.

Can the SC-545EX be set up on our network to be shared through two different computers?

I have PrintServer-NetTool installed but I'm unsure how to actually assign a static IP to the printer. There's no options in the menu on the printer at all.

I'm currently running XP on a dell, and also VMware fusion on my mac with XP. Everything is working on both when the ethernet cable is plugged direct to each computer.

As of now the printer cable is connected to our router, but I'm having no luck with the printserver detecting it, most likely because I can't assign an IP to it.

Any help would be appreciated, can this printer even work on a network?

kffernandez

i have an SC-540. assuming that your printer is connected via ethernet, there is a tool that lets you check what your machine's current IP is. also, in case you need to specify the IP address for your printer, i believe that you need to get into service mode in order to do that.

but to answer your question... yes, you can share your printer amongst your computers using a basic switch/router. you shouldn't need to use a print server since your printer already has that built in. [altho i used a print server once when my network board got fried, and i had to use the parallel connection]

i'm pretty sure that your printer has an IP address already assigned to it. you just have to use the tools/software included with your installation cd's to identify it. everything you need to know, you can see in the manual - in very easy to follow steps.

kelly

mesheau

I got the printer in Print Server and it's telling me the IP address is 10.0.0.100? Which I've tried using but still don't connect with versa works.

is there something else i should be doing or perhaps changing the ip to something more like 192.168.0.207?

my ricoh and xerox are .205 and .206

mesheau

right so when i attempt that using the IP wizard in print server (192.168.0.207) it won't connect to the printing. it only connects with the IP 10.0.0.100

mesheau

I got this figured out, thanks for the help. I guess I was forgetting to plug the cable into the router after assigning the IP to the printer. DUHH