• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 Head Board from China or repair this one

NoosaNet

Hi
I have a old SC540 that the headboard needs replacement.
I am think of going with a China one.
Has anyone had any experience with these or should I stick to the Roland one?
I think one of the transistors has blown as fuse F3 has blown and when bridged will not start up.
How do I test the transistors?
Thanks for any advice

fastnugly

Hi
I have a old SC540 that the headboard needs replacement.
I am think of going with a China one.
Has anyone had any experience with these or should I stick to the Roland one?
I think one of the transistors has blown as fuse F3 has blown and when bridged will not start up.
How do I test the transistors?
Thanks for any advice
Have you made a decision yet? We are in the same boat.

Oldoldoldman

I did and its fine. You can test your transistors with a ohm meter, just look for one that tests different from the same thing in another row.

fastnugly

I did and its fine. You can test your transistors with a ohm meter, just look for one that tests different from the same thing in another row.

Actually, I just replaced all the transistors on the head board yesterday. We found a few faulty ones so just played it safe and tried replacing all of them to no avail. Those electrical engineering classes paid off even though I do very little repair any more. I've been doing graphic design for years now.