• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC540 repair help needed

SARBatavia

The printer heads were clogged after sitting idle after a few weeks so I decided to do cleaning and maintenance. I removed the ribbon cables, numbering them and then the dampners. Next the head assembly was removed. I replaced the black plastic pieces, the one with the two points the dampners go on and new dampners. I put it all back together and cannot line up the heads with the caps.

Any advice? Is there something in service mode where I can move the heads to the left to center on the caps?

Any and all help is appreciated.

SARBatavia

Yes, all are off the same amount.

I have tried the limit initialization procedure and get to the point of "setting up cutter down position" and then I get "unrecoverable limit sensor" error.

Kind of lost as to what to do next.

CS-SignSupply

Sounds like the home lock position may have been moved. This could also throw the limit sensor error.

Recommend a service tech make a visit if possible. A few fine adjustments may need to be done to move the physical position of the head carriage lock unit.