• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scary Thing about Ransomware

WildWestDesigns

Schools have started to teach more about technology, some have even incorporated programming in the classroom... I think in 20-30 years we'll get to the level where everyone can do what I'm sure you and I both consider Basic stuff... but until then, it's like learning a foreign language to some people.

I'll be long dead and gone (and maybe my kids as well), before I would consider anything good to come out of the traditional (as we know it now) education system. At least here in the states. Maybe different up north, but it's no bueno down here and that is a tough pill for my family to swallow especially since my whole family is big on education, particularly higher education.

There are some people who are computer illiterate, and they dont want to / can't learn.

I would say that is it more of what is in bold then it is the other. Why I think that, because I used to be a "normie" when it came to computers for the most part. Yea, I grew up during the age of DOS and was using that when I was in single digits (one of the proud millions that are considered apart of the Oregon Trail generation that died many times of dysentery). But I also had an "analog" childhood as well.

Learning is something that people should do constantly and I see people that have a wealth of knowledge on certain things, but on others, they are stuck in the 90s (or whatever time period that they happened to have started work).

Here is the thing, either you change with the times or the times change you. The issues that we are dealing with now are not going to be the same in 20-30 yrs so the populace may be able to catch up. It's always going to be a game of catch up at that point. I am not saying to be an expert, but at least more knowledgeable to be able to spot when at at least someone is trying to flim flam "you". Remember that Twitter deal that happened earlier in the year. What was revealed publicly is that it was a "social engineering" exploit and these are supposed to be the "computer savvy" people.

And when "we" start talking about people that have access to my info, bank records, city/country records, medical records etc, I have zero room for tolerance for people that only view their computer as a "means to an end". Sorry, if it can affect my life in every way imaginable, I don't think it would be out of the question to think that there is a higher threshold of knowledge. But apparently that is just me with my tin foil hat that thinks that.

WildWestDesigns

Ok. This is a Fortune 500 company. That company should have for sure had the resources to have an internal IT staff that knew what they were doing. No excuse on that one.

Sorry, I just don't think there should be any excuse for this and if I was one of the patients turned away, I would not be happy, especially if I was needing specific treatment for something.

Ironically, you have this as well that happened as well and there is speculation that they are related.

Individual person wants to be clueless with their own stuff, OK. But when it comes to companies (I don't care if it's a company of 1), that's part of the ability of operating a legit business.