• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scrappin an AGFA

WB

SO.. I have an old AGFA M2.. It has been operational in 5 years and has been taking up valuable floor space. I finally got the go ahead to scrap it and take out any valuable components. SO what should I be grabbing? the obvious boards and electronics, I'll be grabbing the linear rail and the vacuum pump.. I'll probably even flip it over and grab the casters off the bottom even though the work like SH!T.

thoughts?

Terry01

Sell it as a complete unit..Cost you more to strip it than you will ever make back off the parts
unless you want the spares for another machine. One mans rubbish maybe another mans treasure.

karst41

As I scrapped out HP 9000s (2) I found that boards and cables were not worth. fooling with.
The gold recovery is a mess.

The media handling components were worth while.
The roller bearings, tubes and frames can retro fit. trimmer tables.

Common for me is to rip a roll of 54" media for labels.
I retrofitted the roller bearings that were in a small steel frame to the trimmer table.
I made plugs for each end of the 3" media core and the aluminum tube from the printer
drops perfectly into the roller bearing frame. Now that 50yard roll of labels easily feeds over the top
of the trimmer table.

Graphtec FC 7000-130 stands are pure gold for trimmer tables.
Scrap out the plotter and save that stand.