• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen To Print

I am wondering if there is a program that you can take your PMS colors or CMYK colors and then transfer to a paint system that gives you the quantities to mix to make X color.

Just like the printer would mix the CMYK to create the PMS color that's on your screen. Just I want to be the one mixing the screen printing inks to match the same colors.

Maybe someone sells CMYK screen printing ink and then you just take the precentages and make them yourself.

ChicagoGraphics

You can buy CMYK screen inks. When I started in offset printing I use to be an ink mixer and I used a scale and weigh the inks in parts according to the Pantone book to, im sure you can do it the same way but instead of parts maybe in pints.

So if the make screen inks in CMYK. Could I take say Pantone 294C and then convert to CMYK which is 100,80.3,26.2,30.5 and just take those percentages and convert that to 1 pint Cyan, 80% of a pint magenta, 26% pint of yellow, and 30% pint of black and mix those and then get the same pantone color that I wanted.

ChicagoGraphics

You might be able to, but using a scale will give you exact color, you could use an offset Pantone color book and just use 10 times the amount in parts or how ever much ink you might need. 1 part is not that much ink, they why it's good to weigh each color.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Every ink manufacturer I have worked with has a system for mixing custom pantone colors. The system is more than CMYK though. It can be a dozen or more colors that you mix to attain a PMS color. All the manufacturers then offer a formula guide, typically and online tool, that lets you mix the PMS colors from there.

To get actual CMYK colors though, I'm not sure. We always have our customers give us a Pantone color to match to.