• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProWraps

why are non offensive non breaking the rules tags being deleted from this thread?

i hope for signs101 sake that 3M's problem doesnt become its problem.

fred can you please explain why?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
why are non offensive non breaking the rules tags being deleted from this thread?

i hope for signs101 sake that 3M's problem doesnt become its problem.

fred can you please explain why?

I haven't removed any tags other than some vulgar, potentially slanderous or distasteful ones that appeared very early in this thread. Such tags are edited whenever I see them in any thread in much the same way as language has had to be censored because a few members insist on using unacceptable language. If we're talking about tags like "3M Sucks", I can tell you that I find such to be unacceptable when used as a tag. The only explanation other than that I can guess at would be with regard to the loss of whatever was posted after the backup we used to restore our database.

Frankly I don't understand the suspicions that seem to exist as to where both Signs 101 and I stand with regards to this thread. I would think any rational person would look at the very fact that this thread is running and conclude that Signs 101 both supports freedom of speech and sees the legitimacy of the primary complaints voiced by Colorado and others.

I personally think that a very predictable portion of the posts in the thread detract from the the validity of the overall matter which is a shame. Those of you who are interested in making a point and being taken seriously should do what you can to stay on topic and say something about misinformation and off topic remarks posted by others.

Wraps ink

There is a company who I compete with locally and from what I hear somehow through NASCAR they are buying 3m cheaper than my supplier does thus killing the pricing around here on wraps. seems like 3m is all kind of shady these days

ProWraps

I haven't removed any tags other than some vulgar, potentially slanderous or distasteful ones that appeared very early in this thread. Such tags are edited whenever I see them in any thread in much the same way as language has had to be censored because a few members insist on using unacceptable language. If we're talking about tags like "3M Sucks", I can tell you that I find such to be unacceptable when used as a tag. The only explanation other than that I can guess at would be with regard to the loss of whatever was posted after the backup we used to restore our database.

Frankly I don't understand the suspicions that seem to exist as to where both Signs 101 and I stand with regards to this thread. I would think any rational person would look at the very fact that this thread is running and conclude that Signs 101 both supports freedom of speech and sees the legitimacy of the primary complaints voiced by Colorado and others.

I personally think that a very predictable portion of the posts in the thread detract from the the validity of the overall matter which is a shame. Those of you who are interested in making a point and being taken seriously should do what you can to stay on topic and say something about misinformation and off topic remarks posted by others.

excellent answer. 100% on point and much appreciated. i cant argue with that.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There is a company who I compete with locally and from what I hear somehow through NASCAR they are buying 3m cheaper than my supplier does thus killing the pricing around here on wraps. seems like 3m is all kind of shady these days

That's a complaint that has existed for as long as I've been in the business (1983). The excuse is that different divisions all have their own pricing on the same or similar products. It isn't fair IMO ... but it isn't news either.

qmr55

+1 Fred excellent post. I respect that you allow this to go on while it may not be in the forums best interest with 3M, it doesn't break any rules as of yet so I have to say you have been more than fair!

CheapVehicleWrap

Need more relevant tags to get this thread #1 in google for www.originalwraps.com 3m vehicle wraps, nissan wraps, ford wraps, 3m commercial vehicle wraps, chevy vehicle wraps, bmw vehicle wraps, mini cooper vehicle wraps, honda vehicle wraps, toyota vehicle wraps, original wraps, 3m, vehicle graphics, custom wraps, truck wraps, van wraps, car wraps, 3m etc. Make sure to put www. Links too.

HulkSmash

Need more relevant tags to get this thread #1 in google for www.originalwraps.com 3m vehicle wraps, nissan wraps, ford wraps, 3m commercial vehicle wraps, chevy vehicle wraps, bmw vehicle wraps, mini cooper vehicle wraps, honda vehicle wraps, toyota vehicle wraps, original wraps, 3m, vehicle graphics, custom wraps, truck wraps, van wraps, car wraps, 3m etc. Make sure to put www. Links too.

tags, tags everywhere.

Did our first oracal wrap a couple days after 3M stole some of my clients.

The stuff is sexy

Attachments

• 77958_526075324076664_298725268_o.jpg
    77958_526075324076664_298725268_o.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 90

Border

How clean does the Oracal come off after a couple of years? That's one big reason I've liked the "other" brand in the past, but I have no experience with the Oracal wrap material yet. Thinking of giving it a try on my own Ford Escape, perhaps, to see how it performs.

SolitaryT

ColoradoSigns, do you ever or have you considered using Arlon vinyls? I used to work for a guy who would buy it factory direct. It's made in the U.S. I don't know if it's still any good (I worked for that guy 6 years ago), but I've been fishing for American made goods and wonder what their stuff is like now.

HulkSmash

ColoradoSigns, do you ever or have you considered using Arlon vinyls? I used to work for a guy who would buy it factory direct. It's made in the U.S. I don't know if it's still any good (I worked for that guy 6 years ago), but I've been fishing for American made goods and wonder what their stuff is like now.

I can care less where the stuff is made. Not a fan of arlon, but at this point yes, i will use it over 3M.

CheapVehicleWrap

I'd use Saran Wrap first.

C

ColoPrinthead

That's because that's their business park "office". Their print operation is in Lakewood, Colorado
Thanks for the input though.
Ah HA! I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking they were in Lakewood from a job posting last year and then seeing the Golden address. He's right the printers are in Lakewood, they were hiring an operator and file set up person.

brush1

How clean does the Oracal come off after a couple of years? That's one big reason I've liked the "other" brand in the past, but I have no experience with the Oracal wrap material yet. Thinking of giving it a try on my own Ford Escape, perhaps, to see how it performs.
It come clean after 3 years.....from my car.
Have isue with 3M......I got shadow from dark blue letters after removing Controltac from my personal car. It was on the car 2.5 year. Brand new car!!!!!

HulkSmash

Also if Original Wraps isn't networking to take business from us, why are they part of the Camber of Commerce? I mean, don't small businesses network there?

HulkSmash

It come clean after 3 years.....from my car.
Have isue with 3M......I got shadow from dark blue letters after removing Controltac from my personal car. It was on the car 2.5 year. Brand new car!!!!!

So, there's a ghost from the vinyl? Most likely caused by the sun.. the vinyl doesn't change the color of your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.