• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scrim Vinyl - HPL25500 - What do you like?

MIMO

Looking for some recommendations on scrim vinyl banner media for our L25500. Used13oz Bannux by LG, got 3 rolls from our dealer gratis when we got the machine, but it doesn't lie flat on the platen and the carraige assembly catches the edge...crash! Anyone out there have a favourite they can recommend?

PMG

Looking for some recommendations on scrim vinyl banner media for our L25500. Used13oz Bannux by LG, got 3 rolls from our dealer gratis when we got the machine, but it doesn't lie flat on the platen and the carraige assembly catches the edge...crash! Anyone out there have a favourite they can recommend?
i use the Bannux with no issues...try turning you heat down you may have it to high causing it to curl and buckle .

RobbyMac

We use ultraflex and have had success with it. Though we feed the banner material through past the front heaters so we can grip it if needed. Sometimes the front edge of the banner material will hit the heater grates at the front (and buckle) if we don't do this.
But once it's through, it lies pretty flat.

MIMO

Thanks

Thanks for the +'s about ultraflex. Turns out that my preferred media vendor here in Toronto carries and recommends it. I'll try a roll and report back to the board. Cheers, I really appreciate it.

MachServTech

Smooth face "Key" banner from Grimco works extremely well. Ultraflex is good. In general I see more problems with the banner material that used to buckle on my solvent printers.