• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 54 EL roller adjustment??

Shadowglen

I have a Seal 54EL cold Laminator. I purchased it new 10 years ago and it has been a great machine. We have been having tracking problems lately. We can tell the rollers touch on the right hand side and the left hand side the rollers are about 1/16" apart yet. we have tried everything that looks logical to adjust the roller so the left side will drop or the right side will raise, but we have no change. Seal has since sold out and I have found no answers on the internet. If it is a case that it is just wore out I am open to suggestions for a replacement Laminator. I have read that the new Seal laminators are not very good. What is a quality 54" cold laminator that people would suggest. If it matters all of our printing is all done on solvent printers our go to Lam is Arlon 3420, and main majority of our vinyl is Arlon 4600.

I have a Seal 54EL cold Laminator. I purchased it new 10 years ago and it has been a great machine. We have been having tracking problems lately. We can tell the rollers touch on the right hand side and the left hand side the rollers are about 1/16" apart yet. we have tried everything that looks logical to adjust the roller so the left side will drop or the right side will raise, but we have no change. Seal has since sold out and I have found no answers on the internet. If it is a case that it is just wore out I am open to suggestions for a replacement Laminator. I have read that the new Seal laminators are not very good. What is a quality 54" cold laminator that people would suggest. If it matters all of our printing is all done on solvent printers our go to Lam is Arlon 3420, and main majority of our vinyl is Arlon 4600.
I had a rep tell me there is an internal spring that sometimes wears out. You have to tear the machine apart to get to it.

netsol

we have an OLD seal 400, i would have guessed some sort of buildup keeping the mechanism from dropping square
potentially the need to flush the pneumatics with a solvent/lubricant? (buildup from moisture, etc in compressed air)

Shadowglen

Thanks I think it is time to convert it to a vinyl sign installer and get a new one. Looking into GFP. Anyone have experience with them?