• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 62 Base Laminator Technical Question

tdgraphics

Hi,

I have a Seal 62 Base laminator, which I have had for about 6 years now. Excellent machine thus far.

However one of the the shafts that support the laminate at the highest point of the machine appear to be slightly bent. I have over the past few days been getting a slight wrinkle on the opposite side to the shaft. On inspection it appears the shaft and the collar surrounding the shaft have dropped ever so slightly, about 1mm or so. I have looked inside the machine and the nut holding the assembly together is good and tight.

My initial thought was to seek a technical engineer to check it out, however, there is nobody in Ireland prepared to do this from what I have been able to determine due to the fact that spare parts are no longer available. (which I find hard to believe)

Therefore I am seeking advice from the wider community here on the forum to get suggestions as to what I should do. Should I loosen the nut inside and take the collar and shaft off or simply loosen it, try to realign it and then tighten everything back up. Any help would be gratefully received.

I have attached a couple of photos to show what I have described. Just to add, I am a one man band, and nothing that I know of has struck the machine to cause this.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Neil

Attachments

• Laminator Shaft3.jpg
    Laminator Shaft3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
  • Laminator Shaft2.jpg
    Laminator Shaft2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • Laminator Shaft1.jpg
    Laminator Shaft1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165