• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 62 Ultra S laminator stuck in slow snail mode

njsignguy

Hello, I got a hold of a used laminator. Seal 62 Ultra S. I don't know of its condition before acquiring it. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work properly. The machine does have a push pedal. When I turn on the machine, it powers on. I'm able to push the down arrow and get the roller to move in reverse very slow. When I push the button in the center, nothing happens, same with the up arrow. When I adjust the speed knob, it doesn't change anything. When I step on push pedal, the roller does move in forward position but is also same speed as before, slow. It also make a beeping noise when pushing the pedal. There is a red laser on the left side of the machine that is always on. There is no red laser lit on the right side of the machine at all. I have not tried to run any material through this machine yet. If this matters, there is no guard on the front of machine to protect fingers or objects going into the roller. The emergency stops are not pushed in. The machine was built in 2004. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

oksigns

Pressing the peddle will run the rollers at one slow speed.
Reverse is 1 speed; slow.
1 red laser is intended as designed. Break the beam, and the rollers stop.
Beeping will occur to let the operator know the rollers are activated. It is a safety measure.

The speed controller is only when you set the direction on the key pad.

the middle button is the stop button

have fun with lamination!

njsignguy

Pressing the peddle will run the rollers at one slow speed.
Reverse is 1 speed; slow.
1 red laser is intended as designed. Break the beam, and the rollers stop.
Beeping will occur to let the operator know the rollers are activated. It is a safety measure.

The speed controller is only when you set the direction on the key pad.

the middle button is the stop button

have fun with lamination!

thank you

Is the "eye" indictor illuminated on the control panel?
it is not, I haven't seen it ever lit yet. Like I said, i've never used the machine, just starting to get it going yesterday.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
thank you

it is not, I haven't seen it ever lit yet. Like I said, i've never used the machine, just starting to get it going yesterday.

Your laser is mostly knocked out of whack, open up the Left side (facing infeed) cover, you will be able to see the laser, you might be able to just hand "wobble" it into the correct position, the eye will illuminate when it's good to go. You will be able to see where it needs to hit on the other side.

ikarasu

Speaking of... Anyone know of a way to disable the laser? My metal bar is bent a little, and sometimes it trips the eye when it shouldn't. It gets annoying on really long runs. I get that its there for safety, but they should have a better option. or a way to temp disable it... I was going to bring my laser pointer in and test it out >_> Has to be a better way though. I may open it up and make sure it's alligned properly, because if you even touch the metal bar, it'll trip. I've tried to bend it back to perfection... but its a pain.