• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seaming 2 pieces of vinyl banner together

GorillaPrinter

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to view my question. I would like to know if anyone out there can let me know how to seam a 6 ft by 6 ft banner with out shifting the image. If this is not clear let me explain in further detail. I have a banner that is 6ft x 6ft but the banner roll I have is only 4.5 ft so I have to seam the banner out of 2 separate pieces. The banner has a group of people printed on it so I am trying to get the banner seamed together with no shifts if anyone out there has a recommendation it will be much appreciated as I have till tomorrow to finish this.

chopper

you need to either sew it or use one of those hot air seamers that melt or weld the material together.
//chopper

GorillaPrinter

Hi Chopper thanks for your reply I am using 1" Hem tape but do you have an idea how to align it straight without shifts in the image? Thanks again.

Steve C.

Do you have someone who stitches your banners for you? They should be
able to sew it together with very little shift. Just print a two inch overlap.
I have a Tent & Awning place that does a very good job on such projects.

GB2

Old Member
I don't understand what your question is...you just tape the edge of one side, lay the pieces out so they match, secure each side so it doesn't move by taping it to the table or some other means, fold back one side and remove the tape liner, then starting in the middle fold them back together and adhere the tape. Depending on what the use of the banner will be, if it's short term, interior use, etc., the tape will hold fine on a seam.

cartoad

We seam banners all the time, and plan to print so the seam to be in the area of least problem with matching both sides so it all lines up. We use banner tape in two or three places, and place gorilla glue between the banner tape, works like a dream!