• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sectional channel letter installation.

signage

Im no electrician but it seems to me that every place has a different requirement so I don't really know how you could tell someone a specific way to do this. Wouldn't it just be general like run wiring to local code?

It is either NEC or superseding local code!

signage

:Long have you worked for a sign company or ever been involved in the design design of these before you decided to try to make them. Do you have any electrical experience, mechanical is only one part of the whole picture. Safety is more involved in the electrical end/side.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What happened to people apprenticing to learn the trade... or hiring experienced people that know?

Seems if ya wanna try it, who gives a fuck, just try and make it and see what sticks.

wleong

This is an interesting discussion...

Are there many sign shop owners who are interested in offering apprenticeships to newbies knowing that the apprentice will want to start their own business after they learn the trade? It seems like a chicken and egg problem to me.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is an interesting discussion...

Are there many sign shop owners who are interested in offering apprenticeships to newbies knowing that the apprentice will want to start their own business after they learn the trade? It seems like a chicken and egg problem to me.

Just ask plumbers and electricians how it works.

Guys, we all know this UL bs is all about $. I have seen some stuff come out of the Dallas
area for a long time that is “UL” and my cat could have built better. This guy is at least asking, but you are all correct, every area/city has different ideas of what is acceptable. 30 years of this life, still the same on the inspection side. Good luck buddy!