• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Seems like printhead is rubbing on edge holder, also having issues with banding.

regardstobuck

I was having some banding issues on my Epson S80600, the test plots all came up fine so I calibrated the media feed and head alignment and when I started printing again there was a slight rubbing noise whenever the carriage passed over the right edge holder. I took off the edge holder and the sound went away but now im getting head strikes on that side of the print. Is there anything to do about this, do I just need to buy a new edge holder? I cleaned both of the edge holders this morning so there isn't any ink buildup or anything. Also the banding hasn't gone anywhere so I'm not sure what else to do about that if the tests plots come up fine and I have already adjusted media feed and head alignment. Anything helps, thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would get a new edge holder for sure. I would also take a look at the bottom of the head. If you had a bad enough head strike, the metal that surrounds the head surface may have bent out of place and is what is hitting the media. That or ink build up on the head is causing it an just needs to be cleaned.

Other than that, make sure your vacuums are turned on and turned all the way up and that the heat isn't too high and causing the media to buckle.