• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seems to be no pressure on cutting feature

Team Valhalla

I've got a Roland SP-300V that I just came across what I perceive to be a problem... I can no longer adjust the cutting pressure.

I've tried putting a couple brand new blades in and cant' seem to even get enough pressure to cut the material. With a new blade I usually dial it way down, but it doesn't seem to matter. I get a faint cut line, but not a clean cut and you have to pull the vinyl away.

I understand how to adjust the knife pressure, but.... is it mechanically or electronically driven in the end?

I'm certainly not over tightening it, but I know the knife blade holder is not sliding up in the holder when the cutting feature goes into effect.

Maybe I have a fuse blown somewhere.... Bad card..... etc. Going to call Roland tomorrow... couldn't get it done today.

Has anyone else ever ran into this?

Thanks in advance for input.

TV

DerbyCitySignGuy

I've got a Roland SP-300V that I just came across what I perceive to be a problem... I can no longer adjust the cutting pressure.

I've tried putting a couple brand new blades in and cant' seem to even get enough pressure to cut the material. With a new blade I usually dial it way down, but it doesn't seem to matter. I get a faint cut line, but not a clean cut and you have to pull the vinyl away.

I understand how to adjust the knife pressure, but.... is it mechanically or electronically driven in the end?

I'm certainly not over tightening it, but I know the knife blade holder is not sliding up in the holder when the cutting feature goes into effect.

Maybe I have a fuse blown somewhere.... Bad card..... etc. Going to call Roland tomorrow... couldn't get it done today.

Has anyone else ever ran into this?

Thanks in advance for input.

TV

Does it happen on everything you try to cut?

Team Valhalla

Does it happen on everything you try to cut?

Yep... everything.

I talked with a tech this morning and we're going to try a couple things.....

I've used Clean Cut Blade for a number of years with absolutely great success. But... we're going to try a Roland blade just to rule that out.

I'm also going to swap out the blade housing.

Tech said that ultimately it may be the Cut Carriage Cable. I just changed that out last September, so I'm hoping that's not what it ends up being.

TV