• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko 64s solid print on 3m 8150

Chasez

Hey guys,

I'm new into the whole printing world and I've got a job coming up that we've quoted it just cut vinyl but I'm trying to find a way to do it in print to save hours upon hours on installation time. The job is a bunch of 3/8" circles spaced 3/8" apart, staggered between rows. The client wants it to be an opaque circle with clear spaces. I know it can be done with print, I just don't know where to start with something like this. I have done some basic printing but nothing like this. I've tried to google the hell out of it to get some direction but have come up empty handed. There are multiple colours (red, green, blue) that we will be using, and i know we don't have a white ink, but i was thinking about printing the colour, then the lightest gray that we could get, then colour again on the 8150 to give the opaque circles with the clear space. This is where I run into the problems, I could run the first colour, but have no idea how to bring it back to run exactly over to run the other 2. Im running onyx x10.2 Poster shop and the designs in Illustrator cs6, if that helps any,

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Chaz

J Hill Designs

not gonna happen IMO

1st - 'the lightest gray' is just tiny speckles of black ink
can you print the colors on white and contour cut?

Chasez

Sorry i should have mentioned that its being installed onto exterior facing glass and they want to see the colour from both sides. So printing onto white and cutting wouldn't work, plus we'd be be in the same install position as using just standard vinyl. The reason I'm wanting to print is that the windows around about 5 feet wide by give or take 15 feet tall. So cutting and masking 3/8" circles for install is a nightmare because they will just be floating around and there will be a ton of individual circles to be replacing.

Chasez

Thought about it, but the printers that we've dealt with here in town have a low standard of quality. Part of the reasoning we got into the digital printing. We've gone through a bunch of the printers and its nothing but a hassle and never works out.

Chasez

i'll check it out.

How would I even run through the process of the 3 overprints if i had the white ink? I'm curious to try it out and play with the printer for ****s and giggles and to come more comfortable with it.